2nd job?

UPS Preloader

Since we were on this topic on a another thread, I've started to talk with a few regulars with high seniority. All of them have discontinued their dues. Just about all of them had the same reason as I do. It does my heart good to see old timers not be so RAWR RAWR like some of you in here. Talked with a 22.3 guy, he went out for about 8 months due to illness, thus he stopped paying dues. Then he came back, and swore if he could not to pay more dues, but they confronted him about it. I said, sounds like the union came to steal money from you, and he agreed.

I could get a 2nd job, but dangit, cant seem to bring the energy to do so.

It's bad enough that you don't pay dues, but now you're going around promoting it? Just my opinion, but you need to STFU and enjoy the benefits that your getting for free even though you refuse to accept anything for free.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
It's bad enough that you don't pay dues, but now you're going around promoting it? Just my opinion, but you need to STFU and enjoy the benefits that your getting for free even though you refuse to accept anything for free.

A former good friend of mine is like this.. when he found out he "didn't have to pay union dues", he withdrew his membership. He advocates to others that they shouldn't pay dues "because they don't have to" but he "supports [the union] and the things [the union] does."

He also uses his benefits every time he gets a hangnail. I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

UPS Preloader

A former good friend of mine is like this.. when he found out he "didn't have to pay union dues", he withdrew his membership. He advocates to others that they shouldn't pay dues "because they don't have to" but he "supports [the union] and the things [the union] does."

He also uses his benefits every time he gets a hangnail. I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

Let me know if you need help.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I tell people all the time, its not worth it and you should keep your money. Its only a matter of time before your types die out from the fray. Hopefully sooner then later.

The union creates people like you, you think you're buying into something, when they walk away with peoples money and even their job in time. The union only protects those who cant work, guess thats why you love them, because you supporters cant work or are completely incompetent. Let me bring more punch to the party, if the union wants to fire you, they will! Doesnt matter if your paying dues or not, if they deem it an issue, they will terminate you without thought.

Putting in dues, doesnt mean anything other then a waste of money. They find a reason, no matter the cause, your gone. And the union will look the other way. You can throw paper too often, act out at work, go on a slow down and god knows what else. The union will agree you are a problem, and they will can you. Its happened before.

Jigawatts

I feel your pain brother, I lost my full time job shipping medical supplies right after Xmas. I finally just got hired today at a tractor and landscaping store. If you knew me, you'd know I have no clue about tractors. Oh well. I am grateful for the full time job they've given me that the past 6 interviews wouldn't because of UPS. It's tough, don't give up, and try to stay busy.

So you're telling us you just got a full time job without having to grind part time for 14 years.

That's crazy talk.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Wow, just wow.

This, people, is what were dealing with, as for the example of the union fanatical group side.

I believe its said as so, " You should love people not only for their qualities, but for their faults as well. ".

This is exactly one of the rules of democrat play book, pretend to be opened minded, yet dismiss any and all people who disagree, raise an argument or present factual information that proves otherwise. It amazes me that a human being would be so hostile over another person just for a simple and small choice in life. People think differently, they always will, and you will never be able to change that.

Theres two things I look lowly at in life, intolerance and ignorance, yet I've accepted as flaws in humanity. One needs to learn how to love each of his / hers brothers and sisters in all facets of life. Or else one will spend a lot of time alone.

I've come to learn that one should charish all interactions with people no matter the outcome. I have many friends in life and at UPS. Theres people who I love, people I like, those who I and they enjoy each others company in the work place, neighbors, people who which we both disagree on matters and those who are my mortal enemies; my obvious competition and will stab me in the back in a moments notice. But I love them, all of them, no matter if they agree, disagree or hate with me. That is the level of humanity one must reach to obtain enlightenment.

Or else you stand to spend a lot of time alone.

I could go on, but I wish to stop here. You guys can post, ill read them and will not post about this little debate, well on here that is. I'm done, go ahead and post something and feel as you've won. I will still post on the forum to help people, but you guys have already made the case of what not to be as a person. Thanks again!