2nd job

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Uh, PTers can lose half of their pensions and be equally bitter.

I don't worry about that has much. In all reality I am sure ups will screw me over on that considering the retires under central states got theirs cut in half. I got another 20 to 25 years left until retirement. That is a long ways to go.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
UPS did not screw over the retirees.

Will not in the literal sense. They paid the amount needed to get out of it. However the question is if ups knew this when they did it. Which I am sure they knew it wasn't stable. The point is who knows if it is even going to be there in 20 to 30 years.

Faceplanted

Mr jake, just looked at the board for monday for a center in the Orlando hub, 10 full time guys are on the side which means no work for them, and 9 cover drivers are not even on the board. Looking real good!!!!!

Will not in the literal sense. They paid the amount needed to get out of it. However the question is if ups knew this when they did it. Which I am sure they knew it wasn't stable. The point is who knows if it is even going to be there in 20 to 30 years.
If you are PT in the Central Region you are in the UPS Pension Plan which is in very good shape.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Mr jake, just looked at the board for monday for a center in the Orlando hub, 10 full time guys are on the side which means no work for them, and 9 cover drivers are not even on the board. Looking real good!!!!!
But HE knows better than you.

He's jake from State Farm for Christ sake!!

Man Of Brown

I wish I was making $80k a year. I hit year two of progression this summer, worked over 2500 hours and was just over $52k. So maybe if you were an air driver and were red circled but we had new drivers less than $40k.

ThyDevourer

I wish I was making $80k a year. I hit year two of progression this summer, worked over 2500 hours and was just over $52k. So maybe if you were an air driver and were red circled but we had new drivers less than $40k.
Going from $19.50? To 35-36$/hr is a pretty significant jump. 80k should be easy then.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I worked preload for usually about 5 hours a day. Then took a few hours off in between and worked at a ups store for 6 hours. They were super flexible with my schedule and if I had to cover a route because I was a utility driver, they never cared. Best 2nd job ever

By The Book

I have a g/friend right now and I told her I am staying part time forever so if we get married she can't take half my money if we get divorced. Seems like every driver I meet is divorced and bitter.
. Nothin from nothin leaves nothin. Good point, at least your not bitter about it.

AutoZone

BrownPower
I have a g/friend right now and I told her I am staying part time forever so if we get married she can't take half my money if we get divorced. Seems like every driver I meet is divorced and bitter.
Just really seems like the older drivers are bitter.. The younger ones love it.

AutoZone

BrownPower
And that's perfectly fine... See, I think you're being misguided by orions... He is building this up to be so much more cause he won't get off my ball sack... I understand I'm not driving next week.. Or maybe even this year.. And that's completely fine.. All I ever started with was there's guys that were driving thru peak with less then 6 months in the hub.. Many years ago 06-10, I worked midnight without even an inkling of a hope to drive even thru peak.. Now guys are getting thru school and on the road in less then 6 months.. To me that's incredible! Shows me things are better then they were obviously.. So that's all I ever said, and he took it and ran with it to be where is at today.. No matter what that board days, that guy is going out to stay his 30 on Wednesday.. So what does that mean? If there's more qualified, more seniority drivers, why would they call him to start training?

Again, all I ever said was things seem much better this time around.. After spending 4 1/2 years loading and didn't know ANYONE who got to go even just to school, and there's 5 people I directly with with all with less then a year in have already gone this past sept/Oct... I'm sure I'll at least get thru school someone this year, and maybe have that option to cover someone next year.. I can work with that.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Oh yeah, over $80k will be easy at top scale. But the OP had said making $80k in the first year of driving.
Starting pay is 28-29 I believe.. .. 28*40=1120 with no OT... That's 58k with no OT... Add in 10 hours of OT, that's an additional $420.. 1540*52= 80k....

The only reason my math would be off is if you're not getting OT... Which would be hard to believe since every cd I know starts around 8-9, and leave about the same time as me every night around 9.. That's a 11-12 hour shift, minus your lunch... Sounds like OT to me daily..

If it's different, I'd like to know where..