2nd job

Browndriver5

You also need to out work people at your 2nd job. There are tons of people looking for work. If you slack off then they have more reason to get rid of you and hire someone who doesn't have another job that needs catering to

NXA

What jobs did you all do while waiting for a FT position to open up within UPS that allowed you to work the odd hours but still supported your families? Just wanting some input.. Negative comments can stay out please.
I was a substitute teacher in the public high schools. A couple assignments had me drinking every evening. My kids will be private or homeschooled. What a pit!

ChrisTheBrown

Just a warning. You don't have a proper reset period when it comes to driving if you work all weekend. Not saying you should give it all up and live in a cardboard box. But you may want to keep that on the down low.
I know what the rules are pal, and I'm back on preload now anyway.

What jobs did you all do while waiting for a FT position to open up within UPS that allowed you to work the odd hours but still supported your families? Just wanting some input.. Negative comments can stay out please.

I'm not looking to work full time for UPS, only because my 2nd job is a government job. Nevertheless, I enjoy working for ups as a part-time package handler. The extra money I make I simply save with the exception of putting 25% into deferred comp. And the part-time pension that UPS offer although isn't a livable pension (unless you put in 30 years) at least it's something.

If I wasn't in my 30's, didn't have the job that I have, or didn't go to college (3 degrees) and was 21. I would definitely make a career with ups.

My recommendation for a 2nd job is to work in social services if your schedule allows for it. This is especially beneficial if you plan on attending college. Government student loan forgiveness programs will pay off your loans if you work for a non profit for 10 years. The road to become a full time driver with ups I seems like it can take awhile so at this you can be debt free when the money starts rolling in. Also you can start off making 20k - 32k working in a group home helping kids or people with special needs.