2nd option week by selling vacation week. True or False?

gjcst

Some of the drivers at my center say we can get another 7 option days by selling one of our vacation weeks. Does anyone know if this is true? I can not find the contract on line anywhere to read this. Can someone lead me in the direction of the online contract?
Thanks!!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You would only get 5 days, not seven. Also, breaking down a vacation week to more personal days is only allowed after MANY years of service (20 or 25).

gjcst

Some of the drivers at my center say we can get another 7 option days by selling one of our vacation weeks. Does anyone know if this is true? I can not find the contract on line anywhere to read this. Can someone lead me in the direction of the online contract?
Thanks!!

gjcst

Well I've got 25 years so YEA!!! You can bet I'll be selling one for 5 more option days!! ;) does anyone have a link to where I can read the new contract online?

It's in the national contract that we get to split 2 weeks into option weeks if wanted. That's 10 extra single vacation days.

Now I don't split mine because you need 25 years to get a Friday or Monday off.
In the central region you can't break up two of your 45 hour paid vacation weeks to use as single day vacation days.

Maybe it's the central then. I could of swore it was the national though

I may be wrong but don't you get paid"sick days"
Every region is different. Some locals get a paid day off for their birthday every year. If anyone really wants to know what they get they should get a copy of the contract or call their business agent.