2nd week am I fired?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by newguy2015, Nov 23, 2015.

1. newguy2015

newguy2015 New Member

Ok so I have been with ups for two weeks now (really a week in a half) and on my second week on Thursday I had my most misload ever 6 mind you I'm new and was only getting 1 or 2 sometimes even 0. Also other people had helpes me load my truck that day as it was my worse day yet and i was stacked out so it might not have even been me that did the misload. So come Friday I am being reamed out for my misloads etc long story short my main manager instead of just telling me to come in Monday for work tells me to call him and that he want me to ask myself if I really want to work at ups. So come Monday I call and he tells me he doesn't need me to call again tomorrow. Am I about to be fired? If not what is going on is this a normal thing for ups?

2. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

You're on the bench...

3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I have a question?

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

[​IMG]

Good thing this gif isn't a vinyl. The needle would be run through it in no time.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Don't think so, but don't really know. Monday/Friday are the lighter days

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

With peak season right around the corner I doubt it. Most likely volume dropped off and he is trying to scare you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. newguy2015

newguy2015 New Member

So basically they just have me waiting till they need me? And if that's the case will they maybe put me in a different area? It sucks having to call in to find out at 2am if I'm going in. :censored2:ty part about it is I have a heckler at work that makes the job that much harder he talks crap every time I make a mistake and my supervisor sucks too

9. newguy2015

newguy2015 New Member

I wouldn't think that would be the case though as black Friday is this week

10. PT Car Washer

When the volume doubles next week they will need you. Unfortunately harassment and poor supervision is normal at UPS. Do you really need or want this job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. newguy2015

newguy2015 New Member

I show up 30 minutes early every day and wok as hard as I can.

12. PT Car Washer

Daily fluctuations in volume.

13. newguy2015

newguy2015 New Member

ATM I do need this job and everyone keeps telling me it is an amazing opportunity and that ups I a great company to work but when I go online it seems every one hates to work for ups.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  14. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. PT Car Washer

$10/hr with no benefits and limited hours is an amazing opportunity? Maybe in some third world country.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Future opportunity; unfortunately, he won't be here long enough to enjoy those benefits.

17. newguy2015

newguy2015 New Member

I get paid $11 and hour and they said if you stick with them then it becomes a great opportunity. The guy that gives me :censored2: seems like he's been there for a long time so I figure that why he's such an :censored2:.

18. newguy2015

newguy2015 New Member

Why you say that? Just cause I'm new? I could get better at the job

19. PT Car Washer

Don't tell him that, if he was smart he would go out today and find a better seasonal job with more pay and hours.

20. newguy2015

newguy2015 New Member

If only it was that easy