2nd week am I fired?

Hey thanks for the help everyone. I think you guys are right though I'm just on the bench. Appreciate it. If you could provide any more info or tips I'm all open

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So basically they just have me waiting till they need me? And if that's the case will they maybe put me in a different area? It sucks having to call in to find out at 2am if I'm going in. :censored2:ty part about it is I have a heckler at work that makes the job that much harder he talks crap every time I make a mistake and my supervisor sucks too
Welcome to UPS. Fired for misloads? probably not...but it depends how desperate they are for help.

newfie

Ok so I have been with ups for two weeks now (really a week in a half) and on my second week on Thursday I had my most misload ever 6 mind you I'm new and was only getting 1 or 2 sometimes even 0. Also other people had helpes me load my truck that day as it was my worse day yet and i was stacked out so it might not have even been me that did the misload. So come Friday I am being reamed out for my misloads etc long story short my main manager instead of just telling me to come in Monday for work tells me to call him and that he want me to ask myself if I really want to work at ups. So come Monday I call and he tells me he doesn't need me to call again tomorrow. Am I about to be fired? If not what is going on is this a normal thing for ups?

when were you supposed to call if not Tuesday

newfie

Ok so I have been with ups for two weeks now (really a week in a half) and on my second week on Thursday I had my most misload ever 6 mind you I'm new and was only getting 1 or 2 sometimes even 0. Also other people had helpes me load my truck that day as it was my worse day yet and i was stacked out so it might not have even been me that did the misload. So come Friday I am being reamed out for my misloads etc long story short my main manager instead of just telling me to come in Monday for work tells me to call him and that he want me to ask myself if I really want to work at ups. So come Monday I call and he tells me he doesn't need me to call again tomorrow. Am I about to be fired? If not what is going on is this a normal thing for ups?

also do you guys scan packages? did you scan the six misloads?

Gear

Parts on Order
ATM I do need this job and everyone keeps telling me it is an amazing opportunity and that ups I a great company to work but when I go online it seems every one hates to work for ups.

Its a high paying job that requires limited skills. Do people b!tch about their job all day long? Yes, that pretty normal in the workforce. But if its so bad why dont people quit? Because they all know they can't easily replace this income and benefits. Ignore all the negative Nancies.

Holydriver

So basically they just have me waiting till they need me? And if that's the case will they maybe put me in a different area? It sucks having to call in to find out at 2am if I'm going in. :censored2:ty part about it is I have a heckler at work that makes the job that much harder he talks crap every time I make a mistake and my supervisor sucks too
im gonna tell you what to do about your heckler. tell that dude to :censored2: off. plain and simple. i used to have this dude saying :censored2: to me about getting done faster than him on his route and after a while he started calling me stupid names related to speed. well, i didnt like the SOB since the day i met him, so after a while i just straight up told him. :censored2: off...i dont like you and if its not work related, keep your mouth shut. its not real hard to be a man in todays world. stand up for yourself and make life better. plus, the other pansies that are scared of said heckler will appreciate your balls. pansies like balls

Holydriver

...everyone keeps telling me it is an amazing opportunity and that ups I a great company to work...
this is a straight up lie. UPS is a terible company to 1- work for 2- rely on to deliver your stuff. my opinion is that the job is great. the 50-55 hours you will work each week fly by. the 5 unpaid hours crawl by of course but those others fly by, youre outside which is cool and you learn about all kinds of people while doing it. youll learn your region like no other, where hot chicks are working, where the good bathrooms for taking a :censored2: are, places cops like to set up speed traps...you know the important things. but youll also work 50-55 hours a week, get divorced or remain single, miss your childrens lives entirely and so on and so forth

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
this is a straight up lie. UPS is a terible company to 1- work for 2- rely on to deliver your stuff. my opinion is that the job is great. the 50-55 hours you will work each week fly by. the 5 unpaid hours crawl by of course but those others fly by, youre outside which is cool and you learn about all kinds of people while doing it. youll learn your region like no other, where hot chicks are working, where the good bathrooms for taking a :censored2: are, places cops like to set up speed traps...you know the important things. but youll also work 50-55 hours a week, get divorced or remain single, miss your childrens lives entirely and so on and so forth
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1448328610.403520.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
im gonna tell you what to do about your heckler. tell that dude to :censored2: off. plain and simple. i used to have this dude saying :censored2: to me about getting done faster than him on his route and after a while he started calling me stupid names related to speed. well, i didnt like the SOB since the day i met him, so after a while i just straight up told him. :censored2: off...i dont like you and if its not work related, keep your mouth shut. its not real hard to be a man in todays world. stand up for yourself and make life better. plus, the other pansies that are scared of said heckler will appreciate your balls. pansies like balls

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Wth this guy at my hub had 26 misloads one time and he was allowed to become a sup.
That's what they do with the bad drivers or loaders. They think it's a promotion but it's really a demotion cause they couldn't hack or just plain simply sucked lol. Seen it a million times dude.