2nd week am I fired?

SubPop79

Ok so I have been with ups for two weeks now (really a week in a half) and on my second week on Thursday I had my most misload ever 6 mind you I'm new and was only getting 1 or 2 sometimes even 0. Also other people had helpes me load my truck that day as it was my worse day yet and i was stacked out so it might not have even been me that did the misload. So come Friday I am being reamed out for my misloads etc long story short my main manager instead of just telling me to come in Monday for work tells me to call him and that he want me to ask myself if I really want to work at ups. So come Monday I call and he tells me he doesn't need me to call again tomorrow. Am I about to be fired? If not what is going on is this a normal thing for ups?

Ah, misloads. Filed my first grievance because of misloads. I was rewarded with a shirt one week for having 1 misload per 15,000 packages during peak, and written up 2 weeks later. Here is the thing - if a box doesn't go in your truck, you need to personally take it to where it needs to go. Also, sign out of your scanner when you are done. I really think UPS's stance on misloads is bull:censored2:, hence my grievance. If someone is power scanning for you, they scan the misload, but since you are the one logged into the scanner, it comes up under your name. Hell, you can even bring the package to the correct truck, and those loaders might send it back to yours without scanning it themselves and then, boom, misload for you.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ah, misloads. Filed my first grievance because of misloads. I was rewarded with a shirt one week for having 1 misload per 15,000 packages during peak, and written up 2 weeks later. Here is the thing - if a box doesn't go in your truck, you need to personally take it to where it needs to go. Also, sign out of your scanner when you are done. I really think UPS's stance on misloads is bull:censored2:, hence my grievance. If someone is power scanning for you, they scan the misload, but since you are the one logged into the scanner, it comes up under your name. Hell, you can even bring the package to the correct truck, and those loaders might send it back to yours without scanning it themselves and then, boom, misload for you.
What's power scanning? I loaded for almost a decade....I never once used a scanner.