3 BS "accidents" in 12 months

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sat ,if that was the case here we would just shut down for the winter.
There is an art to driving in the snow.
You have to decide before you go in,that you will get out.
All art is subjective, you see no way you can get out, your sup sees a sendagain report. Guess what the title on the frame says.....

satellitedriver

Charging you with a BS accident, sure it sucks, but even the circle of honors people get the same thing the 1year safe drivers get. Can't take something away when there's nothing to take.

Side note : Had a 30 year safe driver award given in our center a month ago, he got the same plastic sleeved paper and lapel pin saying 30 on it. center manager gave him one of the 10 dollar scaled mintures and a handshake. I asked him later about it and they used to do some sort of parties and you got gold jackets and stuff, kinda like the masters golf tournament. They stopped that awhile back he said. He wasn't bitter or anything about not getting a TV or anything. He said the same thing I say, I'm safe to keep me working and to earn what I can while I can.
Made my 25yrs on August 3, 2011.
Never heard hello, goodbye or kiss my...... from my center.
October 1, 2011 I open my trailer and in the load was a pkg for me.
Guess what?
It was my safe driving "diploma" and pin for 2010.
I just laughed at the absurdity.
These Richard heads ask me to account for every second I am on the clock, yet they can not keep track of my years.
Good thing I am just here for the money.
:happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2: :peaceful:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Made my 25yrs on August 3, 2011.
Never heard hello, goodbye or kiss my...... from my center.
October 1, 2011 I open my trailer and in the load was a pkg for me.
Guess what?
It was my safe driving "diploma" and pin for 2010.
I just laughed at the absurdity.
These Richard heads ask me to account for every second I am on the clock, yet they can not keep track of my years.
Good thing I am just here for the money.
:happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2: :peaceful:

Just keep repeating that "money" part and congrats!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What happens if:

A. Your buddy hurts himself pulling a UPS truck out of the snow?

B. Your buddy damages your UPS truck pulling it out of the snow?

I'm just playing Devils Advocate here. In my younger days, I have had people with p/u trucks pull my PC out of the snow.
At Todays UPS however, I would call the center and have them be responsible for getting me unstuck.

Getting stuck in the snow is not an accident in the real world. I don't see it standing at panel as one of your accidents that would lead to your permanent termination.

I keep a tow rope in my package car. During the last major snow event we had here, the center was messaging me and having me go and tow other stuck package cars out of ditches. I cant count the number of times I have used that $5 garage-sale tow rope, and I have probably saved UPS thousands of dollars on towing bills over the years by using it. If something happened and UPS wanted to "charge" me with an "accident" they are more than welcome to; I long ago detatched myself from any concern over getting safe-driving awards or recognition, and I am confident that a grievance panel would quickly toss out any warning letters involving getting stuck in the snow or other ticky-tacky crap. In my area, this sort of drivel never even makes it to panel, it gets tossed at the center-level hearing.

PS; when I do get stuck, I message the center and ask them if they want me to use my tow rope. They always say yes, so at that point any minor damage that occurs is on them not me.

menotyou

bella amicizia
That's why I called my center manager. Plus, following up with text messages. We don't have anyone handling messaging on Saturday's. But, I had the approval on my phone in the form of a text from the center manager.

thessalonian13

By logic, if it is snowing, then the company is knowingly sending you out in dangerous conditions.
-(per past practice of charging a driver)-
Ergo, the onus/liability is upon the supervisor that demanded that you deliver in the, fore said, known dangerous condition.
Jersey, or Texas.
The same rules of law apply to both parties.
Hell,
UPS has a clause in their "guarantee" for the non delivery of a pkg, under the guise of weather conditions. preventing paying a claim on a "guaranteed" delivery date.
Now you are being ridiculous!!!!!! You brought logic into the same sentence with UPS management. You must be a rookie!!!!!! After a couple of months you will realize what I am talking about. LOL

skippy17

Thats what this company is doing to us. We have to try and handle things on our own or get fired.
What happens if:

A. Your buddy hurts himself pulling a UPS truck out of the snow?

B. Your buddy damages your UPS truck pulling it out of the snow?

I'm just playing Devils Advocate here. In my younger days, I have had people with p/u trucks pull my PC out of the snow.
At Todays UPS however, I would call the center and have them be responsible for getting me unstuck.

Getting stuck in the snow is not an accident in the real world. I don't see it standing at panel as one of your accidents that would lead to your permanent termination.

jaker

trolling
Here's the deal. Lets say a driver gets hit with an accident for leaving a tire track on the side of a guys driveway, another for scratching a trucks bumper on a platform inside the center and another for getting stuck in the snow. All within a 12 month time. Can this driver be terminated for good? Also, can someone explain the different "tiers" when talking about accidents?
I don't know about leaving a track on a drive if it didn't do any damage they won't pay , hitting another ups truck who gives a dang car parkers bumper car them all night so if they did say something I be surprised then I would say prove it and getting stuck that is a hub thing I get stuck in the mud at least twice a year and nobody's said I word to me about it

jaker

trolling
Sorry to say since day one I have never tried to be safe driver , I mean I am safe but things happen that are sometimes out of our control so I never made it a point to get a pin or a plaque to prove I did I have gotten a few but I call it just lucky we all know how many accident we avoid everyday all day so if I can make it a year with only one accident then it was a good year

barnyard

KTM rider
A year or 2 ago, our center manager said that we would be charged with an accident if we got stuck. He went over the numbers and a stuck costs the center close to $1,000 in tow truck and labor costs. We get regular reminders to sheet packages 'emergency conditions' if we a driveway is not plowed or if we cannot get down their road. If it happens more than 2 days in a row, the clerk has to get a hold of them and get an alternative address. This time of year, we are also asked to start talking to regulars about alternative delivery points for winter.

Last year, we had 1/4 the number of stucks we had the year before.

We also are not supposed to use anyone other than a tow company to get out.

packageguy

Getting struck in snow, and getting a warning letter is just crazy, that would be a act of GOD, Maybe when they call for a state of emergance they should take us off the road too. then we would not get struck in snow. but here they just keep us out.