3 or 4 yr progression

Anthonysg0113

I'm just trying to figure out what the Union conceded to for a 4 year progression? Something that will no doubt bite them in the ass next contract though.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm just trying to figure out what the Union conceded to for a 4 year progression? Something that will no doubt bite them in the ass next contract though.
It would be interesting to see... I doubt we will ever see another contract where we have game changing language like 8 hour days, the 9.5 list or fill time inside jobs....pretty have to fight tooth for tooth for a basic, middle of the road contract.. All the while as the company is healthy and profitable.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have no problem with an outside hire with a 4 year progression...one of our own who has been here 5,6 or 10 years already before they get a shot at driving...no way!!

hyena

It would be interesting to see... I doubt we will ever see another contract where we have game changing language like 8 hour days, the 9.5 list or fill time inside jobs....pretty have to fight tooth for tooth for a basic, middle of the road contract.. All the while as the company is healthy and profitable.
"Game changing language"? Please elaborate

hyena

I have no problem with an outside hire with a 4 year progression...one of our own who has been here 5,6 or 10 years already before they get a shot at driving...no way!!
That's unity we must take care of each other, if we're to survive.

hyena

What's "the union" have to lose?were the union were either making changes or we aren't . Where do you stand?

hyena

The only problem is who takes his place??? Is there another choice??

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
No cause next contract will be 5 years son. Blame it on all the idiots who voted yes that didnt do any homework and the ones who are out the door soon who voted yes n didnt care about the younger drivers coming up and blame the retards , part time and fulltime who just didnt vote. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to know that UPS has the union in their back pocket, they have them on the ropes and they know it. The union is divided now, not how it used to be, people used to stick together now everybody has their own agenda. The reason its like it is now is the company is doing whatever they want and guys are just buying time to get out of this nightmare. I heard that UPS threw the 2 tier pay scale on the table but the union said no so whats the union accept instead? A lameasczz 4 year progression, dont think UPS didnt have that strategy in their back pocket the whole time cause you know they did. Its always mind games with these idiots. Its kind of like me shaking your hand with 1 hand and i have 1 hand behind my back with the middle finger up, their going to show u 1 hand but the truth is going to be in the other hand that you dont see. Thats their MO, easy game to figure out if you have commonsense and a brain that works lol.

hyena

No cause next contract will be 5 years son. Blame it on all the idiots who voted yes that didnt do any homework and the ones who are out the door soon who voted yes n didnt care about the younger drivers coming up and blame the retards , part time and fulltime who just didnt vote. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to know that UPS has the union in their back pocket, they have them on the ropes and they know it. The union is divided now, not how it used to be, people used to stick together now everybody has their own agenda. The reason its like it is now is the company is doing whatever they want and guys are just buying time to get out of this nightmare. I heard that UPS threw the 2 tier pay scale on the table but the union said no so whats the union accept instead? A lameasczz 4 year progression, dont think UPS didnt have that strategy in their back pocket the whole time cause you know they did. Its always mind games with these idiots. Its kind of like me shaking your hand with 1 hand and i have 1 hand behind my back with the middle finger up, their going to show u 1 hand but the truth is going to be in the other hand that you dont see. Thats their MO, easy game to figure out if you have commonsense and a brain that works lol.
Man you killed it. People are just straight up bitches they can all suck a dick! Just remember I'll be voting for your healthcare benefits and it'll come back round the way so :censored2: me now , you'll get the reach around . When you do please make sure to put" fu I didn't care about you" in the headline. Lmao

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Man you killed it. People are just straight up bitches they can all suck a dick! Just remember I'll be voting for your healthcare benefits and it'll come back round the way so :censored2: me now , you'll get the reach around . When you do please make sure to put" fu I didn't care about you" in the headline. Lmao
Ditto Dogg, thats exactly how it is nowadays compadre, sad but true. Its like that in every union not just us. Unions aint what they used to be just ask any senior guy or gal n they will tell you its getting worse. Case in point with this link. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/b...eral-motors-is-ratified-after-delay.html?_r=0

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You seem agitated.

By The Book

If these voting trends continue(less people voting) it may not make a difference if you do vote. The trend is everyone for themselves, and most part timers don't vote. They are the ones who need to vote as they will have to live with the outcome. I'm not sure how you will be voting for retirees healthcare as these are not separate items to vote for. Remember, if you vote no on future benefits you are voting no on your future benefits...make sense? The objective should be to get the membership to vote close to 70% instead of 33%. This will only happen with an active membership that goes to meetings and stays United. The vote although low percentage wise was actually very close on the national master. If it was reversed the negotiating teams would have had to listen to the membership on what they wanted, to some degree. I don't feel guilty voting however I vote and yes I should be looking out for me and my family, as should everyone else who votes.