3 Regions, 20 Districts

705red

Browncafe Steward
because we are smart. LOL

you are sooooo short sighted....more business benefits everyone. you do realize because of the economy most sales people havent made our compenstion (which is supposidly part of our salary) in two years....but you guys got your raises, two years in a row!
Join a union! Most of us have made more money last year because all the routes are busted. Yet you expect us to promise OUR customers better service to switch, which means we will have to lie to them.

We as drivers are filing 9.5s and getting paid triple time because of the excessive OT and you want us to get more work? We miss our kids events already.

What you say you do your job and we do our job! You find more business and we will contnue to get our raises and deliver the packages.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
In my district, it is the ladies that have been working at UPS for 30 years/

they were the ones you used to hand your COD cash to back in the '80's and the ladies that would call our customers every day to tell them we started new services to another country. the ones that used to hand trace signatures to provide proofs of delviery.

this is a sensitive time and if you don't know, please don't speculate.

My wife was one of those COD ladies she has since left the company.She still has some friends in the company that are sweating the cuts.

705red

Browncafe Steward
No, I never said that.

I went into sales because I decided to work by using my brain. not by using my knees, back, and shoulder.

So why did you go into package delivery? Couldn't get into sales?
Beleive it or not I couldnt pass the math test! My multiplication actully came out to the right answers. We cant have that now can we? lol

I went into package for the chicks!

tourists24

The sales force at UPS is not required to go to everyone of their customers everyday like you are. As usually another driver that thinks he know how Business Development functions, but really has no idea....
we dont need to know how BD functions... we are paid to deliver and pickup.... we do that.... u do your job

hudson

Join a union! Most of us have made more money last year because all the routes are busted. Yet you expect us to promise OUR customers better service to switch, which means we will have to lie to them.

We as drivers are filing 9.5s and getting paid triple time because of the excessive OT and you want us to get more work? We miss our kids events already.

What you say you do your job and we do our job! You find more business and we will contnue to get our raises and deliver the packages.
I rest my case. With the above grammatical errors and spelling errors you could never do my job.

hudson

we dont need to know how BD functions... we are paid to deliver and pickup.... we do that.... u do your job

you have no idea how to comprehend. please re-read the post. thank god you are a driver. it's amazing you know how to get on the internet.

Buffaloaf

I really don't see the need for all the arguing. As a management person who has also been a driver, I am perfectly fine with admitting that the delivery drivers have nearly as important job as any. There are all types of roles that people play in order to get that package delivered that are very important, but ultimately the only person that the customer sees is the guy that delivers the package. That doesn't mean it's the only important job. Also, just because you are a BD guy and setup a contract with a customer doesn't mean you are the guy that is bringing us our work. You just happen to be the guy that benefitted from the sales lead and the good reputation of our brand. Certainly, we need guys like you to negotiate the contract with the customer, but it's unfair to act as if you did all the work to get the volume. Another thing to point out -- there really isn't a single job that I can think of at UPS that is "really hard." Almost all of us are replacable in some way or another - drivers, loaders, unloaders, IE, PE, middle management, BD, feeders, clerks, DMs, CMs, sorters, safety, security... - we may have our own personal specialization that make us better equipped for our own job, but that doesn't mean our job is so hard that no one else can do it. Granted, not all drivers could go and be a BD guy, but likewise, not all BD guys could go and be a driver (maybe an air driver, I guess :happy-very:). For the most part though, we all are pretty hard workers and work tough as nails to get the job done.

I'm starting to rant too much, but I'm just getting annoyed by the petty and precocious argument that is going on in this thread. We all play an important role and we need all the different branches of our company (mgt and union) in order to be as successful as we are.

barnyard

KTM rider
this is the problem with out company today. this attitude. congrats sir, you are the problem!

god I hope you are joking in your post.

Have to agree with the sales guy here. There is absolutely no way 99% of us could pitch a multi-million dollar transportation solution to leaders of a Fortune 50 company.

Good sales people are more valuable than drivers. Drivers can be replaced pretty easily. A sales person that can sell millions in services is a rare commodity.

tourists24

you have no idea how to comprehend. please re-read the post. thank god you are a driver. it's amazing you know how to get on the internet.
and thank god you are not a driver..... you havent a clue on how it works in the trenches....
you stick to your end.... I'll do my job and my job only

705red

Browncafe Steward
The Anti-UPSSOCKS.

That's why I found UPSSOCKS so funny when he came on the scene. He is just giving it back to them.

Really can't tell them apart since they are two sides of the same coin.
Pops, I think you forgot your pills today! I do not bash all management the way your coworker bashes union employees. I throw jabs at IE when I get the chance. know we have alot of good management at UPS some here, which you do not fit in that category IMO,and alot in the everyday operations.

IE ties their hands everyday, send him home, bust his route and than the centers have to eat grievances because of these decision. Trust me it costs UPS more money because we don't miss the sups working, we file for 9.5s, we file when air drivers pick up or deliver grounds.

If you go back and reread this tread you wll see the first ones to throw jabs where the so called sales guys. Now go ahead and abuse your moderator privelage and smack me on the hand! Again!

hudson

Get over yourself. Did you read upssalesguys post? If he can do your job anyone can.

Again...comprehension is such an important part of this forum. upssalesguy and I work in the same department. Of course he can do my job. I'm sure I can do his job as well. Just like any other driver can do your job...get it?

hudson

Have to agree with the sales guy here. There is absolutely no way 99% of us could pitch a multi-million dollar transportation solution to leaders of a Fortune 50 company.

Good sales people are more valuable than drivers. Drivers can be replaced pretty easily. A sales person that can sell millions in services is a rare commodity.
+1

UPSighDown

Buffaloaf: I hope most UPSers think like you and have respect for each other's hard work. If these polar opposite opinions are sincere and widely held we are truely doomed to failure.

Last edited:

705red

Browncafe Steward
i was helping YOU out during peak. how about you do the same? I was a helper, package runner, and I had to fricken deliver a few because you were too busy to meet me.

and I am not a sales rep.

edit: JBFC...it's a LEAD not like you are doing anything besides saying "hey, packages over there" you all seem to think that would mean more work for YOUR truck. no no no. more packages, mean more routes, means more jobs.

what is that so hard?

Again...comprehension is such an important part of this forum. upssalesguy and I work in the same department. Of course he can do my job. I'm sure I can do his job as well. Just like any other driver can do your job...get it?

Salesguy said hes not in sales. Now whos not paying attention? This kind of mistake is what costs us business! lol

hudson

I just did your job! I checked my email and called a buddy to go golfing tomorrow! Man this is easy!:surprised:
I can do your job... let me look at my DIAD and see where I am supposed to go next...drop box off...pick box up...same thing as yesterday.