3 Regions, 20 Districts

dman

This thread reminds me of a story:

Battle of the Body
When the body was first made, all the parts wanted to be the boss.
The brain said to the other parts of the body, Since I control everything and do all the thinking, therefore I should be boss!
And the feet said, Since I carry Man where he wants to go and get him in position to do what the brain wants, so I should be boss!
And the hands said, Since I do all the work and earn all the money to keep the rest of you going, I should be boss instead!
And the eyes said, Since I must look out for all of you and tell you where danger lurks, surely I should be boss!
And so were the mouth, the lungs and the heart arguing over who should be the boss and finally the anus spoke up and demanded that he should be made boss. All of the other parts broke out in laughter at the idea of an anus being made boss. The anus was very angry and felt so insulted that he decided to block himself off and refused to let anything come out of it.
Soon after several days and weeks, the brain was feverish, the eyes crossed and ached, the feet became too weak to walk, the hands hung limply at the sides, the mouth couldn't eat anything, and the lungs and the heart struggled to keep going... Finally all of them pleaded with the brain to relent and let the anus be boss over all the other parts.
And so it happened. All the other parts resumed their functions and the anus became the boss.
The moral of the story is: You don't have to have a brain to be boss, just an anus!
My moral - there are no unimportant jobs at UPS - for us to make money moving packages we each have to do a many things right!

Battle of the Body
The brain said to the other parts of the body, Since I control everything and do all the thinking, therefore I should be boss!
And the feet said, Since I carry Man where he wants to go and get him in position to do what the brain wants, so I should be boss!
And the hands said, Since I do all the work and earn all the money to keep the rest of you going, I should be boss instead!
And the eyes said, Since I must look out for all of you and tell you where danger lurks, surely I should be boss!
And so were the mouth, the lungs and the heart arguing over who should be the boss and finally the anus spoke up and demanded that he should be made boss. All of the other parts broke out in laughter at the idea of an anus being made boss. The anus was very angry and felt so insulted that he decided to block himself off and refused to let anything come out of it.
Soon after several days and weeks, the brain was feverish, the eyes crossed and ached, the feet became too weak to walk, the hands hung limply at the sides, the mouth couldn't eat anything, and the lungs and the heart struggled to keep going... Finally all of them pleaded with the brain to relent and let the anus be boss over all the other parts.
And so it happened. All the other parts resumed their functions and the anus became the boss.
The moral of the story is: You don't have to have a brain to be boss, just an anus!
My moral - there are no unimportant jobs at UPS - for us to make money moving packages we each have to do a many things right!
LOL!! Love that story!

upssalesguy

UPS Defender

Battle of the Body

post of the night

close this thread

whiskeyagogo

In my district, it is the ladies that have been working at UPS for 30 years/

this is a sensitive time and if you don't know, please don't speculate.

I meant these people would be treated the worst. From the announcement, some are eligible for the SRP. Some may get a week's pay for every year worked like the IS layoffs last summer. I'm betting the non-management folks are going to get screwed and it's wrong.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
I meant these people would be treated the worst. From the announcement, some are eligible for the SRP. Some may get a week's pay for every year worked like the IS layoffs last summer. I'm betting the non-management folks are going to get screwed and it's wrong.

yeah, after I posted I figured that is what you meant. its not right per say, but it is a business decision, albeit, one 99% of people will not agree with...

Braveheart

Buffaloaf: I hope most UPSers think like you and have respect for each other's hard work. If these polar opposite opinions are sincere and widely held we are truely doomed to failure.

I HEAR IT WILL BE 3000.

Then again all rumors.

Centers of the Future slowly becoming reality.

They were going to trim management through attrition anyway.

Economy just threw it into overdrive.

Sure hope they send our couple of old dinosaurs packing.

They have been dead weight for years.

I wish a couple of our older drivers would move on as well.

Braveheart

I hear they will not be chasing anymore of those unprofitable accounts anymore either.

They will do this to downsize both the managers and the union.

UPSSOCKS

Calm the hype about the buyout. Most of these guys that meet the criteria for the buyout, have been waiting for two years for this. UPS gives one hell of a package. These people are set for the rest of their lives with one solid investment with the buyout money. This wasn't a surprise to those affected. Now the non management people are getting a raw deal, but I think you know what you're getting into when you take a job that is non union/non management. The best way to save is to cut the fat out. Tomorrow UPS will start cutting the fat.

A

anonymous6

Battle of the Body

best post.

now shut it down.

CRASH501

i was helping YOU out during peak. how about you do the same? I was a helper, package runner, and I had to fricken deliver a few because you were too busy to meet me.

and I am not a sales rep.

edit: JBFC...it's a LEAD not like you are doing anything besides saying "hey, packages over there" you all seem to think that would mean more work for YOUR truck. no no no. more packages, mean more routes, means more jobs.

what is that so hard?

IT'S NOT JUST A LEAD ...more than half the time it's hey ___________ ( insert your name here )......you submitted a lead for xxxxxx i cant get past the resceptionist , can you help me out .....or can you meet me over there for 5 minutes or so .....5 minutes turns into 20-30 and when your numbers are poor the next day , where oh where is mr. inside sales to tell your supe why ?

CRASH501

Have to agree with the sales guy here. There is absolutely no way 99% of us could pitch a multi-million dollar transportation solution to leaders of a Fortune 50 company.

Good sales people are more valuable than drivers. Drivers can be replaced pretty easily. A sales person that can sell millions in services is a rare commodity.

our service and reputation damn near sells itself, the driver is the BACKBONE of ups:knockedout:

upssup

I do the job I am compensated for every day. Still refuse to turn in sales leads, regardless of the additional compensation UPS promises, then does not deliver. You sales reps have to accept the fact that at some point, you'll have to go out and get your own sales leads. Until you are willing to help me do my job and work as my helper, I won't help the sales reps do theirs.

Stop right there. I have worked as a helper and also tried to keep doing my job as an automotive supervisor. This is the attitude that brought down the UAW and a couple of auto manufacturers. Next time you get stuck, maybe I should say you know what, until you help me out maybe I will not call the tow truck and you can sit and contemplate what you are going to do for a living when people with your attitude run UPS into the ground. That is the difference between you and I. You think UPS is here to serve you, I think I am here to serve UPS!

1080Driver

Hey 804, I hear 1 thing that will effect drivers is that all routes will be re-bid once a year, not the "once you win the bid, it's yours" system we're used to.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
dude, direct deposit. we are playing golf on friday's.

Sales Guy !!! You & your cronies played golf Monday through Friday during the 90's when things were great. You people never followed through on the leads or problems the drivers had.I was flat out told"he only ships ground?? Let me know if he will ship air then I'll stop by"" THIS WAS THE BD ATTITUDE during the good times!! FedEx Ground would throw pizza to some of our customers & walk out with the bundles. All along when we started bleeding,none of you cared.The Driver took all the heat !! Then there was the stupid promises you ppl made to close the deal like Yah Driver will p/u at 4 when it was almost impossable,or yup we will deliver to you at 9 everyday to keep your business.I have taken a sales rep on a ride along several times & brought him right into a CEO"s office where they lied to his face !!!! I hope you keep your job for your familys sake,but don't come on here and brag that you had to help deliver during peak !!! Please!!!!! there are people on here who have more time on the toliet at UPS than you have spent BROWNED UP !!