3 rides already this year and they are threatening more

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I wish my supervisor would ride with me more.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1467122055.639511.jpg

Rainman

Its all good.
I wish I was still driving,..my route went from 95 to 140. It was still a 9.0 hr. day. This was 7 yrs. ago. I drove 20 more miles per day, and delivered close to 100 more pkgs. I went from a scratch driver to a driver that required help to get back before NDA's had to be processed. I would be in my glory w/ the ORION implementation. Work as instructed !!
One of our guys has been writing down his info for 20 years, stop/miles/planned day, ect. His stop count for a 9 hour planned day went from 80 to 180 stops. He showed them the log he kept, they couldn't explain why.

Rainman

Its all good.
Yes. We had a p-1000 with a jumpsuit mounted on rails that would fold and slide behind the driver's seat.

No way would a standing/crouching passenger be allowed now.
Same here. We had a guy get a ride with the safety manager and a new safety supervisor that was being trained. Said it took them forever to get through the route. He still drives the same PC and seat still sits behind the driver's seat. Good thing he isn't a tall guy.

rod

Retired 22 years
It shouldn't be too hard for any sup to match his level of performance.

I was talking real sups---not BOG sups. Most sups I knew went into supervision because they couldn't handle a real driving job or other part time work. There were a few exceptions---------------very few.

clean hairy

Reverse pschyology?
"I enjoy having company as it helps breaks up the monotony!"
For lunch, make sure you go to a place with lousy Mexican food.
After lunch, make sure there are no bathrooms for about 2 hours.
Watch the poor soul suffer!

BrownTexas

I
So management has rode with me 3 times this year and they are telling me they can ride as much as they want. I was under the impression they could only ride 1 time per year. Does anyone know if this is allowed.
I have you beat. I've had 11. And have file on everyone. Yet they keep coming. But I have nothing to hide. So let em ride.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was talking real sups---not BOG sups. Most sups I knew went into supervision because they couldn't handle a real driving job or other part time work. There were a few exceptions---------------very few.

If I am still posting here after having been retired for 15 years please shoot me. And make it count.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
ARTICLE 37. MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE RELATIONS Section 1. (a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest. The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties. The Employer shall not retaliate against employees for exercising rights under this Agreement. In considering any grievance alleging retaliation for exercising his rights under the Agreement, the severity and timing of the Employer’s actions that modify an employee’s work assignment or reprimand employees shall be relevant factors to a determination of motivation. The Employer will treat employees with dignity and respect at all times, which shall include, but not be limited to, giving due consideration to the age and physical condition of the employee. Employees will also treat each other as well as the Employer with dignity and respect

No employee shall be disciplined for exceeding personal time based on data received from the DIAD/IVIS or other information technology.

Section 2.
Not more than one (1) member of management will ride with a driver at any time except for the purpose of training management personnel. No driver will be scheduled for more than one (1) day's ride per year with more than one (1) member of management on the car. Such day will not be used for disciplinary purposes.

The way I read this is:

Management gets one OJS ride per year, that's it. Any more than that is a clear violation. They can ride two sups if they want, but also no more than once per year, and any more than one cannot be for OJS purposes.