3 Stooges 2012 movie coming soon

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by tourists24, Jan 2, 2012.

1. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Plan for disappointment........if you grew up on the Stooges, they can't be reproduced......Think Brady Bunch Movie :dissapointed:

3. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Uhm........I see it in my future. Like the "hey pick out a free movie from the $1 section with your rental of a new release" future.

4. tourists24

Oh my I hope not a disappointment. I know I am only going by the trailer but these guys really seem to have the feeling for what the originals had (I know the originals cannot be duplicated). It looks like its going to be a Dumb and Dumber type of comedy with a nostalgic twist. I cant wait....lol

5. moreluck

Think Dumb & Dumber 2 !!

6. cachsux

cachsux Wah

The Farrelly Bros have gone downhill since "Stuck on You".

7. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Stooges every Sunday here. I hope it is good.

8. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

Don't forget about "big time" wrestling on Saturday afternoons

9. tourists24

hey at my house it was NWA championship wrestling at 1pm every Saturday... Johnny Valentine, Paul Jones, Johnny Weaver...lol

10. brown bomber

the locally televised "wrasslin'" show was performed at a local TV production facility, about 2 miles from my boyhood home......Iranian Shiek, Pampero Firpo, and others were some of the regulars.......we used to see them at local restaraunts

11. moreluck

Gorgeous George
    Baron Gattoni

12. tourists24

Holy cow....lol.... you are only a little ahead of my time... I know the name "Iranian Shiek" but admittedly didnt know Firpo. They were both at one time part of Mid Atlantic Championship wrestling though...lol

13. brown bomber

I think some of the other Wrasslers, included Bobo Brazil, from BentonHarbor Mich., Johnny Powers, who held a world championship belt (he remained in the area,I delivered to his house).....George "the animal" Steele........

14. tourists24

Georgous George was an awesome heel... people didnt know how to take him... only knew they hated him...lol

15. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Macho man, the Hart brothers. Dad and I would have the tiny little tv in the corner of the kitchen watching wresting and cooking. :)

16. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

Moe came to our local movie theater when I was a kid years ago he was old and not so with it then. Larry Fine was a Philly guy "South Philly " I beleve. Curly was the best, "Moe ,Larry,cheese ! " nuk nuk

17. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

When does it come out?

18. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Curly was the best. I loved his character and antics on the show.

Curly Howard was born Jerome Lester Horwitz in the Bensonhurst section of the Brooklyn borough of New York City.
    He was the fifth of the five Horwitz brothers and of Lithuanian Jewish ancestry. Because he was the youngest, his brothers
    called him "Babe" to tease him. The nickname stuck with him all his life, although when his older brother Shemp married
    Gertrude Frank, who was also nicknamed "Babe," the brothers started calling him "Curly" to avoid confusion.
    His full formal Hebrew name was "Yehudah Lev ben Shlomo Natan ha Levi."

Curly Howard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

19. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Moe of The Three Stooges:

Moses Horwitz was born in Brooklyn, New York, neighborhood of Bensonhurst, to Solomon Horwitz and Jennie Gorovitz. He
    was the fourth of the five Horwitz brothers of Lithuanian Jewish ancestry. In his younger years, he got the nickname Moe
    and later adopted the name Harry. Although his parents were not involved in show business, Moe, his older brother Samuel
    and younger brother Jerome all eventually became world-famous as members of the Three Stooges.
    Moe Howard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

20. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Larry of The Three Stooges:
    Larry Fine was born to a Jewish family as Louis Feinberg[SUP][1][/SUP] in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His father, Joseph
    Feinberg (who was Russian-Jewish), and mother, Fanny Lieberman, owned a watch repair and jewelry shop.

Larry's trademark bushy hair came out, according to rumor, from his first meeting with Healy, in which he had
    just wet his hair in a basin, and as they talked, it dried oddly. Healy told him to keep the zany hairstyle and, according
    to a 1973 TV interview on the Mike Douglas show with Moe:

Larry Fine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia