3 strikes.

Glorifiedpackmule

We were told this morning that there are going to be new consequences for not hitting stops per hour goals. 3 strikes within a 12 month period and you're gone. No one at my location gives a crap anymore. I haven't hit my magic sph goal in 2 years. Anyone else hear of this?

thedownhillEXPRESS

We were told this morning that there are going to be new consequences for not hitting stops per hour goals. 3 strikes within a 12 month period and you're gone. No one at my location gives a crap anymore. I haven't hit my magic sph goal in 2 years. Anyone else hear of this?

Same here.
I posted a couple weeks ago that management basically told us to falsify if that's what we needed to do.

MAKAVELI

I smell a major lawsuit brewing if you can try to get it in writing.

bbsam

Staff member
Lawsuit based on what? They can set any goals they want and discipline accordingly, can't they?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And FedEx's unemployment insurance will be going thru the roof. Think it's worth it Fred?

MAKAVELI

No. You simply fail to meet their goals and let the chips fall.
your condescending fear tactics don't work so I don't know why you bother trying buddy. Like I said I have plenty of paperwork to backup my performance plus just about every customer on my route.

bbsam

Staff member
your condescending fear tactics don't work so I don't know why you bother trying buddy. Like I said I have plenty of paperwork to backup my performance plus just about every customer on my route.

WTF are you talking about? All I am saying is I wouldn't fold to there tactics and I would insist on working safely. Do you have some kind of inferiority complex or something?

MAKAVELI

WTF are you talking about? All I am saying is I wouldn't fold to there tactics and I would insist on working safely. Do you have some kind of inferiority complex or something?
no I think you do because you're the one constantly posting about Express issues.wtf are you talking about? I've never seen one post where you stated we should work safely and follow policy you're always criticizing us for WAD. Are you that scared that something big is going to go down and affect your scam?

bbsam

Staff member
I don't criticize WAD. I just say it won't do any good. This new policy is indicative of the fact that I am correct. The blood letting in about to begin. They will put couriers in impossible situations. It's not worth trying to play that game. Staying safe so everyone makes it home is the only smart play. Why would you do anything but?

bbsam

Staff member
MFE, R1a, TDHE, and I have repeated time and time again that things will only continue to get worse. This is the next chapter in getting worse. Or as R1a so eloquently puts it, bend over or get out. Incidentally, these days that's what Fred is saying as well.

MAKAVELI

I don't criticize WAD. I just say it won't do any good. This new policy is indicative of the fact that I am correct. The blood letting in about to begin. They will put couriers in impossible situations. It's not worth trying to play that game. Staying safe so everyone makes it home is the only smart play. Why would you do anything but?
First time I've ever seen a post where you said that we should be safe. Giving this new directive I would say WAD is working very well. If they have a mass firing for not making numbers they will see a national law suit along with unemployment rates skyrocketing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Same here.
I posted a couple weeks ago that management basically told us to falsify if that's what we needed to do.

Yes, this is what they are telling you to do without coming out and legally implicating themselves. In order to make SPH goals, many of which are ridiculous, some people must work through "break". It could also be inferred that they aren't saving money in line with Fred's expectations of DRA. Imagine that.

Remember this too. Asking you to falsify indirectly gives them a golden opportunity to terminate you if they all of a sudden decide to do an investigation. This is why you NEVER work through your break...ever. This is threatening behavior that will definitely add to the already incredible pressure to perform at a higher level. To say that it compromises safety is a major understatement.

I still say WAD. If everyone does it, there isn't anything they can do. Besides, this "threat" seems like a paper tiger designed to instill fear, because enforcing it would be a real can of worms.

What an effed company.

bbsam

Staff member
Very possible. But if they can get enough people to quit, fewer claim unemployment. It's a numbers game now. They simply have to hit a certain predetermined number that works in a massive calculus. If their unemployment insurance goes up by $2 million a year and they save $5 million in salary and benefits, that's a win. Over time, that unemployment rate they pay will come back down.

hypo hanna

Driving safely is a major part of working as directed and I don't see it as a game.

vantexan

Let the firing begin!

I've transferred into a route where the best I can do is about 96%, and that only on really heavy days. The previous courier, the one who got killed, was finishing early enough some days to do a pickup rt back in our station's city 40 mins away. The only way I see that's possible is if he was running like a maniac plus working off the clock. At this point I'd look at being fired and getting unemployment as a buyout. Bring it on!