3 strikes.

MAKAVELI

Very possible. But if they can get enough people to quit, fewer claim unemployment. It's a numbers game now. They simply have to hit a certain predetermined number that works in a massive calculus. If their unemployment insurance goes up by $2 million a year and they save $5 million in salary and benefits, that's a win. Over time, that unemployment rate they pay will come back down.
I don't think they will get as many people to quit as they want. Nobody is going to quit without having a job lined up or be ready to retire. And finding a good job can take time. At this point all they can do is threaten and if that doesn't get the result they want , they will be forced to layoff. As a mass firing would only lead to a pr disaster and litigation. The best thing any of us can do right now is smile and WAD.

bbsam

Staff member
I doubt it would be mass firings DHL style. Slow and steady. They have several years to get where they want to be.

Rhoderunner

Make sure to constantly ask for your 'check rides' to insure your goal is accurate. Then document the excuse why they can't at this time. CYA
Best thing to say is 'show me how it's done' !!

bbsam

Staff member
Oh really?

Well sure. They turn up the heat, get some to quit. Some retire. Some if not most accrue enough OLCCs that the company has its choice of people to fire. Those who are least productive or most troublesome most likely. You said it before. Mass firings would be a PR nightmare. I wouldn't doubt if the company has regional staffing goals set up for the next several years. They are told to get to those numbers however they can. The policies the company puts forth give them the cover to fight and win half of their unemployment cases.

ManInBrown

It's threads like this that make me so happy my uniform is brown now:happy-very:

Good luck everybody. Don't put your life, or other motorists or pedestrians lives in jeopardy(driving carelessly) to meet their stupid idiotic goals. As MFE states, WAD!!

As far as they are concerned you (hourlies) are nothing more then a body without a brain. Not capable of thinking for yourselves. So don't. Let them figure out the solutions to all the problems with DRA and all the other nonsense. You're not paid to think.

Almost forgot. FU Fred and Happy Hands!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So let's say they let go a bunch of couriers for not making their ridiculous goals. Then there's the new hires to take their place. Most likely they won't do any better and even more likely will do worse.

Hope Fred gets a liking for high unemployment premiums. That should impress Wall Street too.

bbsam

Staff member
So let's say they let go a bunch of couriers for not making their ridiculous goals. Then there's the new hires to take their place. Most likely they won't do any better and even more likely will do worse.

Hope Fred gets a liking for high unemployment premiums. That should impress Wall Street too.
But he doesn't HAVE TO FIRE EVERYONE WHO DOESNT MEET THE GOAL. When Joe Blow has his unemployment hearing only his file is on the table.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So you think he'll only fire one person? Get a clue Scam. You always stick up Fred even though he' s hosing thousands of good workers.

Should we call you Ground 59 Dano?

STFXG

I think we need to get a pool going on which poster gets fired first. My money is on SPH. Seems like a real PITA :)

MAKAVELI

But he doesn't HAVE TO FIRE EVERYONE WHO DOESNT MEET THE GOAL. When Joe Blow has his unemployment hearing only his file is on the table.
They can't deny unemployment for not meeting our goal it just doesn't work that way. Maybe for gross negligence or stealing but not stop per hour goal.

bbsam

Staff member
So you think he'll only fire one person? Get a clue Scam. You always stick up Fred even though he' s hosing thousands of good workers.

Should we call you Ground 59 Dano?
You just aren't very bright. Who said they would fire only one? I said that the cases for unemployment will be handled case by case. Why do you think they have increased OLCCs, and now have this policy. It isn't taking Freds side. It's looking at a stark reality. Ever time somebody comes up with a "calling in sick scheme" or WAD, you goofballs think you have a way to topple the FDX empire. Fred hasn't changed his path one bit. All you have done is wasted time for organizing or finding another job. You don't like to hear it and you'd love to shoot the messenger, but you know I'm right.

bbsam

Staff member
They can't deny unemployment for not meeting our goal it just doesn't work that way. Maybe for gross negligence or stealing but not stop per hour goal.
Possible. But it turns up the temperature on people to do stupid things and when it comes down to two individuals of similar compliance and the company wants to decide who stays and who goes, SPH may play a role in that determination.

bbsam

Staff member

That's probably why Fred won't have mass firings. It would spook Wall Street.

MAKAVELI

That's probably why Fred won't have mass firings. It would spook Wall Street.
exactly that's why it's just an empty threat. And I don't think anybody here heard of anybody getting fired for not meeting their goal.