3 strikes.

SmithBarney

Relax. Dra has increased SPH in some cases from 15 to 27. Not humanly possible. Before you start worrying about 3 strikes a mgr will have to get in your truck and document that it can be done. It cant.

haha, I'm going on 4 years without a check ride... doubt I'll see one any time soon. (probably because I overperform, not by racing but by doing my job at a discount since I'm no where near topped out, I'm free compared to the SR crrs who bilk it every day(at my STA)

hypo hanna

Make sure you request a check ride before you sign anything.

Best advice, and put it in writing that you need a check ride. Tell them you have tried it every which way but can't figure out how to hit the numbers. You need the manager to run it so you can see how it can be done. Keep notes when you are on the ride. Make note of every unsafe act, every violation of policy or procedure and any violation of DOT regulations.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"3 Strikes" has it's origins in 2 items..the end of Performance Reviews and the unwillingness of FedEx to pay Unemployment. Think about it. When you WAD, and it sounds like a lot of people are, there is no mechanism to hold you accountable. With the Performance Review, there was, and if you scored low enough, they could create "cause for termination". That meant they didn't have to pay Unemployment because you were fired for cause, and not laid-off.

Fred hates to pay Unemployment. Just ask anyone who has tried to collect some from Mr. Burns. This incredibly stupid "3 Strikes" move tells me a couple of things. One, that WAD is working or that people simply no longer care anyway and are performing defacto WAD. Two, they are throwing safety under the bus and opening themselves up to some big lawsuits. When Courier X hits that school bus going 80 trying to make SPH, think the lawyers are going to introduce "3 Strikes" as evidence? Three, that they are doing everything in their power to eliminate employees.

Could Express possibly be more of a craphole? Yes, it can. Watch for more of this type of idiocy in the near future.

bbsam

Staff member
Have you done an express route recently?

is everyone at Express this slow? I was referring to not caving to their ridiculous goals. It was suggested that when Express put forth a SPH goal, the only thing a courier could do was be unsafe and break the law. I disagree. You work safe, obey the law and let the chips fall where they may. What is so damn hard to figure out about that?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
is everyone at Express this slow? I was referring to not caving to their ridiculous goals. It was suggested that when Express put forth a SPH goal, the only thing a courier could do was be unsafe and break the law. I disagree. You work safe, obey the law and let the chips fall where they may. What is so damn hard to figure out about that?

Here's what you don't have "figured out". At Express, if you "work safe" and "obey the law", you don't make SPH and then you get fired. Understand how that works?

vantexan

Here's what you don't have "figured out". At Express, if you "work safe" and "obey the law", you don't make SPH and then you get fired. Understand how that works?

​Any pressure on Ground drivers to perform better or else? Apparently better pay and benefits gives the company the right to :censored2: on us.