3 Things

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by faded jeans, Mar 23, 2011.

1. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

There are 3 things that every pkg. driver should have to do for at least one year to become a complete driver:

1. Run a satellite route.

2. Pick up from a UPS store.

3. Work out of a standard transmission 800 with the seat welded to the seat post and no
    power steering.
  2. cino321

cino321 Active Member

4. Pee in bottle.
  3. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

I got to do point 3 today...lol.... they took my truck out of service and put that piece of crap in its place.... amazing how spoiled we get
  4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Our center has one Satellite route and one UPS store. That would be tough to accomplish.
  5. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I have done #2 and #3 more times than I can even remember. As far as #1 goes, I have never run a satellite route, but I have towed a pup trailer to and from one. Does that count?
  6. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

You are lucky I never loaded for you. Your seat would be wet if you leave that "not mountain dew" in your truck, again!! LOL!!!:wink2::wink2:
  7. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

5. Sheet 40 packages as ECON monthly.
  8. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

6. Crap your pants on road out in the most rural of rural area.
  9. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

6. work the preload for one year
  10. JustTired

JustTired free at last.......

7. Take your lunch and breaks according to contract. (1 year should get you in the habit) (and should get them to fix any anomalies in your area that would preclude you from doing so)
  11. Backlasher

Backlasher Stronger, Faster, Browner

done all those also ran blind splits spread far between areas. Ran for multiple centers same day coming back with 5 diads. Also ran out of different hub altogether blind last minute change and leaving my hub at 8:50 race to other center with no time to even look through the area I have to run with no knowledge. I have my fair share of ulcers so do I have the job? Am I qualified yet? apperently not, cause now up doing the E.A.M. bullcrap again with spread out crap in 4+ zips and trying to pull E.a.m.s off in areas that had 8:30 commits being pushed into 8:00 commits this week, (cause IE says it can happen), with no real plan from management on how to pull them off cause another driver costs to much for us and let the driver take the fall. Shoot me clean please.
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

This would give an insight to what the part-timers go through but is certainly not necessary to be a driver.
  13. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Would you pay a dime to see this?

I know a guy who did #6, ofcourse, Central NJ is about as far from rural as you can get. I think he was just trying to prove a point. Glad I wasn't around while he was making said point.
  14. whiskey

whiskey New Member

Ask your mechanic if you can keep the spare truck, because it's better than your own.
  15. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Did it for 13 years.
  16. dcdriver

dcdriver nations capital

deliver on paper.
  17. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

50 packages to a page. No markovers!!!!
  18. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Surprising you would respond back to that comment of all people
  19. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

In the rain.
  20. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Not necessary but very advantageous. Lets you understand where things might be in your truck cuz you get to understand the science of loading a truck, not just unloading. If you are a good loader, there is a science. I am not talking about PAL's, either. I learned to load the real way. By load charts.
    Personally, I think a driver needs to start in the feeder for one year, out to loading for another before they can touch a truck.