3 Things

menotyou

bella amicizia
Are you saying that you deliver lib packages on your way home....does anyone else have a problem with this besides me. How do the dr times get into the system? What would happen if you get in a car accident while "working" delivering these packages...doesn't seem like a wise idea.
I know for a fact our labor sup does not approve of this practice.

over9five

Staff member
What's my point? For years I have read here that taking our lunch and break according to the contract would force the company to add routes. Based solely on my personal experience this week this is simply not the case.

I'm sure they are talking about drivers who take their lunch after 1700 in order to get all their business off. If they took lunch in the middle of the day, that would be one hour of deliveries missed. Obviously it does not apply to every route.

menotyou

bella amicizia
No...you are a drama queen who likes to bring things upon herself and to make wild claims. "Company intentionally hurt me"---give me a break.
Where's the army of lawyers that UPS employs suing me for making a false claim? Maybe, because they can't. You can't be sued for telling the truth.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have been conducting a little experiment this week. I have been taking my break between the 1st and 3rd hour and my lunch between the 3rd and 5th. Usually I would combine the two and take them much later in the day, usually between the 6th and 7th hours. I wanted to see what effect doing this would have on my paid day and, thus far, the effect has been neglible. I have punched out the same time every day this week that I usually do. (1815) Tonight was a bit different as I ran off two LIB's on my way home and they added 15 minutes to my punch out time. The dispatch has been about the same. The one thing that has suffered is my pickup compliance. My P/U log is set up based on me taking my lunch and break as stated above. I was at 100% compliance but have been closer to 50% this week.

What's my point? For years I have read here that taking our lunch and break according to the contract would force the company to add routes. Based solely on my personal experience this week this is simply not the case.
I think that on some route's, lunch can be taken at any time of day, without affecting your deliveries, but like you said, the pickups would suffer. I also think that the vast majority of routes, would probably suffer somewhat, if lunch was taken at a "normal" time.

I think this applies more for the drivers who do not take a lunch at all or for drivers who take it after they aredone for the day.
agreed!

Oh, and now I'm totally interested in where this thread is going.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have covered this before and, to be blunt, could care less whether you have a problem with it or not. One of them was a NDA SVR with mortgage documentation and the other was a pkg for a commercial stop that I brought to the customer's house. Both were on my way home. Stops were completed in bldg and punch out time adjusted. Both customers appreciated the effort and commented on my new delivery vehicle.

I hope you dont care..I would expect you to, we all have our own opinions but in some buildings if you were not at the stop and had dr the package mgt would have an issue with it and now your a criminal...I know you were trying to do the "right thing" but that just shows how wishy washy this place can be.