3 years loading 1 truck. Why?

SubPop79

I've been loading the same truck for over 3 years now and I've never been sent to another truck unless we were understaffed, which is rare - usually they bring in temps or unloaders. Seeing all the new hires and other loaders constantly being sent to other trucks has me worried that other supervisors don't want me on their PD. Or, maybe I'm the only one that can do this truck properly. Anyway, I'm thinking about trying to move up, but I'm worried that if the former is the case and I've been "blacklisted" from other trucks, maybe that would have an impact on trying to become, say, a driver or supervisor.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the driver must be happy with you if it is a hard truck to load. anyway seniority will determine when you can go driving.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've been loading the same truck for over 3 years now and I've never been sent to another truck unless we were understaffed, which is rare - usually they bring in temps or unloaders. Seeing all the new hires and other loaders constantly being sent to other trucks has me worried that other supervisors don't want me on their PD. Or, maybe I'm the only one that can do this truck properly. Anyway, I'm thinking about trying to move up, but I'm worried that if the former is the case and I've been "blacklisted" from other trucks, maybe that would have an impact on trying to become, say, a driver or supervisor.

What do you all think?
Yep, that's it you've totally been Blacklisted you will load this truck for the rest of your days at UPS

Turdferguson

Just a turd

What do you all think?
Is this a trailer or a package car

km3

Sounds like he's talking about a trailer.

Is it an easy trailer? Hard? Heavy? Extendo or TOFC rollers? I don't load anymore, but if I did, I'd kill to only have to worry about the flow in one trailer vs. 2 to 4 of them. Especially if that one is on an extendo.

It probably won't impact your ability to become a supervisor, and definitely not a driver. My hub has tendency to promote people to supervisors in areas where they have absolutely no clue what to do. (Preloader to sort sup, unloader to heavy PD sup, loader to midnight boxline sup, etc..).