30 day disqualification packet

Btriumph

After running 30 days without any late air, no late business, and most importantly--no accidents. I was told on my 28th day in my packet that my PM times needed to be improved (the time I punch in and take care of things like COD's, air, high values, ect) from when I punch out. I was told my packet was sent in but management told me during the next five days to improve my PM times. The NEXT Five days I made sure to punch out almost immediately keeping my inside building to punch out time to less than 5 mins on avg.

Fast forward to today, as I was pulled in the office and told that my packet was disapproved based on time issues. I explained that I scratched 20% of the 30 days and my avg was about 15-25mins over. I truly tried my best and feel like I should be qualified. Remember, I did go over my 30 days by a week or so and never had a drive along with my center manager anytime prior to that. I talked to the driver who has the route in which I tried to qualify on and he told me that the route couldn't be scratched and the fact that I did it several times was good.

My question: If I went over my 30 days without any extension being applied and if my center manager never in fact rode along with me, is that a automatic qualified status?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
After running 30 days without any late air, no late business, and most importantly--no accidents. I was told on my 28th day in my packet that my PM times needed to be improved (the time I punch in and take care of things like COD's, air, high values, ect) from when I punch out. I was told my packet was sent in but management told me during the next five days to improve my PM times. The NEXT Five days I made sure to punch out almost immediately keeping my inside building to punch out time to less than 5 mins on avg.

Fast forward to today, as I was pulled in the office and told that my packet was disapproved based on time issues. I explained that I scratched 20% of the 30 days and my avg was about 15-25mins over. I truly tried my best and feel like I should be qualified. Remember, I did go over my 30 days by a week or so and never had a drive along with my center manager anytime prior to that. I talked to the driver who has the route in which I tried to qualify on and he told me that the route couldn't be scratched and the fact that I did it several times was good.

My question: If I went over my 30 days without any extension being applied and if my center manager never in fact rode along with me, is that a automatic qualified status?

Call your Business Agent and Steward.

The Milkman

Typical UPS moves...This type of stuff will follow you throughout your career if you decide to stay.....if they let you...Just the Truth..........

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In MY mind, if you were not disqualified by day 30, then you automatically qualify. We had a slug in my center who's since been fired, and our center manager missed dq-ing him by 1 day, and he was given ft status. Like they said, talk to your steward, this seems like you should have certainly qualified

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Where are you at. In the Central and most supplements, you are qualified once you get 30 days in. If you drove more than 30 days, you are qualified. Find your Steward.

CHALLY9TX

Sounds like you qualified. And your center manager wouldn't ride with you but an on car sup would. 5 min from building time to punch out is way too little time for them to complain about pm time

Sent using BrownCafe App

barnyard

KTM rider
In MY mind, if you were not disqualified by day 30, then you automatically qualify.

Reread what he/she posted.

center manager gave him 5 days to reduce his/her PM time. Did not do it, so he/she was DQd.

Others have been given more than 30 days to qualify and still did not. Do a search, many have posted here.

In MY mind, if you were not disqualified by day 30, then you automatically qualify. We had a slug in my center who's since been fired, and our center manager missed dq-ing him by 1 day, and he was given ft status. Like they said, talk to your steward, this seems like you should have certainly qualified
We had to new guys, that they gave a second 30 days to try and qualify again.

One took off a mirror. The other needed to improve his performance.

barnyard

KTM rider
and some get more time and still do not qualify.

To the OP, I am guessing that your bosses do not want you FT. I have seen the same thing at my center. The person did not qualify until the supe that DQd them left for another center.

Btriumph

Reread what he/she posted.

center manager gave him 5 days to reduce his/her PM time. Did not do it, so he/she was DQd.

Others have been given more than 30 days to qualify and still did not. Do a search, many have posted here.

My center manager never gave me a official recorded 5 day extension, but rather he explained after my initial 30-days of driving he said he wanted to a improvement on my PM times in which I improved to satisfactory results. Today, I walked in and expected them to congratulate me on cutting my PM times, and that's when they explained that my performance times weren't up to their standard. Like i said, I scratched about 20% of the time (max consecutive: 3 days of scratch) and my other times were about on avg. .15-.30.

I will talk to my steward tomorrow given that I ran 35 days with no formal extension recorded, and I hope that once I hit my 31st day that I became qualified. We will probably have to file a grievance.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

I'm out of Grand Rapids, MI hub.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have never heard of an "official" extension. I have heard people say that the center manager was giving them another 5-10 days to qualify. Many have, I know of 1 that did not.

oldngray

nowhere special
The way I always heard it was if you were close at the end of 30 your center manager could extend it another week to give you a little more time to qualify. That was done when running scratch to qualify was pretty much a requirement but now many drivers qualify if they are just close.

Overpaid Union Thug

If you punched in a 31rst day without getting disqualified then you SHOULD be free and clear. You might have to fight for it though.

LT1UltraZ

I'm pretty sure majority of my center wouldn't be disqualified for performance. It is almost impossible to scratch a route unless you literally run to every door and skip half of your lunch

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Visit up to office with shop steward n if that don't resolve it, file a grievance and call business agent at local to get ball rolling on situation.