30 Day Driving Probation Question

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
I went in to work today to continue my 30 days of driving probation before I become a full-fledged, full-time driver and they laid me off today. I though I was suppose to work 30 days until they could do that? Anyone have any advice on this?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I went in to work today to continue my 30 days of driving probation before I become a full-fledged, full-time driver and they laid me off today. I though I was suppose to work 30 days until they could do that? Anyone have any advice on this?
You are not guaranteed anything until you get your 30 days in. They can lay you off, fire you or work you.

barnyard

KTM rider
Which is why in some areas, it is 30 in 90 days. Allows for 30 days to accumulate after one comes back from a layoff.

Man Of Brown

I'm still in my 30 days. Never worked a Monday yet. I've had a couple weeks I've only worked twice. Save some gas and time and call in before you drive in.

Man Of Brown

He doesn't have seniority so is he still guaranteed work? I was under the impression you had to have seniority to be guaranteed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He doesn't have seniority so is he still guaranteed work? I was under the impression you had to have seniority to be guaranteed.

He is only guaranteed work if he is told to come in. He was told to come in and rather than being called at least 1 hour before start time to be told he wasn't needed they let him come in and then sent him home.