30 extra stops on Friday

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My problem is lately I've had to burn all my 8hr requests on days its gonna snow. If its gonna snow on Friday thou it's a double bonus!
Really that's pretty crappy. Unless you have something to do get out there and deliver. They can't help snow. It's for this reason I rarely file 9.5 when snow was a factor in me being over.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Really that's pretty crappy. Unless you have something to do get out there and deliver. They can't help snow. It's for this reason I rarely file 9.5 when snow was a factor in me being over.
I tend to disagree with you on this one. When they bust routes and there are other drivers on layoff, why not put them all on the street in bad weather and get everyone in a little earlier?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We had drivers bringing back EC stuff Friday. Some routes brought back 80+ because of the massive influx in volume due to Wendsday not working.

upschuck

Usually if there is enough snow that impacts the delivering of packages, center imposes a curfew and brings drivers in no later than 7.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We had drivers bringing back EC stuff Friday. Some routes brought back 80+ because of the massive influx in volume due to Wendsday not working.
Friday 1/31/14 we were instructed to NOT sheet any undelivered packages as Missed but EC,regardless of whether an attempt was made or not. I worked 0825-2225 and brought back 37 stops. I figure we'll get hammered pretty hard the next several days volume wise

CharleyHustle

I see your point, and used to feel that way myself. However, I'm near the top of the seniority list, which means two things. I can get an 8hr request any time I want one and also I'm old. Winter in general and snow in particular is hard on this old dude. And....the dude abides.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm glad i'm not in the same boat as you guys. Fridays are my easy day. I'm off the clock usually by 5:30. 6:00 if my last pickup screws me. But yesterday they let me pick up at 3:30 since they were wrapped up.

Afraid to file? Like they are afraid to give you a warning letter! If they violate you 9.5. rights...file file. file..it gives you a bargaining chip, when they pull out , one of their mythical warning letters!