30 years of service...big whup.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My wife just handed me my 30 years of service certificate. I am so happy to know our beloved company has spared no expense in showing appreciation to a valued employee. The postage alone must have set them back a couple of bucks. It gives me the warm fuzzies to know that our dear leader in Atlanta enjoys huge bonuses while I get a piece of paper worth five cents.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My wife just handed me my 30 years of service certificate. I am so happy to know our beloved company has spared no expense in showing appreciation to a valued employee. The postage alone must have set them back a couple of bucks. It gives me the warm fuzzies to know that our dear leader in Atlanta enjoys huge bonuses while I get a piece of paper worth five cents.
So, 30 years of service certificate was sent first class mail...but my letter regarding available TAW was NDA'd to my house....nice job Brown. Congrats man...surviving 30 years in big brown hell is quite the achievement!

Hey....they bought you a new knee! What else do you want?

oldngray

nowhere special
il_570xN.249243990.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
At 25 years, I was given a plaque (generic plastic) at the PCM. My name on the plaque was my nickname, not my given name, but that was okay.

The freaking letters that spelled my name were glued on crooked!

I pointed this out to my center manager (who was really a nice guy), and he was totally embarrassed and offered to get it replaced. I thanked him, laughed and shook his hand, and said no. Then I tossed it in the trash and we both had another laugh.

Gotta love Parcel!

JackStraw

30 years with one company is quite an accomplishment. 30 years at UPS? That's pretty effing good bro. Something that only someone who has worked there can appreciate and understand. Kudos.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

How many more to go?

oldngray

nowhere special
After 30 you can just put it in cruise control with the knowledge you have the option of retiring whenever you feel like it ( if your center has 30 and out that is).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will have 25 years of service next month. I expect to receive the same plaque that I received for my 20 years:

I don't expect anything special to mark the occasion other than a handshake and thank you from my center manager.
720905629_2574536990_0.jpg

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I will have 25 years of service next month. I expect to receive the same plaque that I received for my 20 years:

View attachment 12181

I don't expect anything special to mark the occasion other than a handshake and thank you from my center manager.

Btw I still haven't received my 25 yr plaque. Since November. Will post when it happens. Probably several months away yet. UPS cares about us all. To drop dead

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What a waste! I thought UPS stopped sending out that crap since no one cared and just threw them away.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired

View attachment 12181
I do hope that your expectations are met upstate. Because I received that very plaque in 2013 for 25 years of service. However two of my fellow coworkers who achieved 25 years early this year only received the certificate. Big disappointment.