30 years of service...big whup.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
My wife just handed me my 30 years of service certificate. I am so happy to know our beloved company has spared no expense in showing appreciation to a valued employee. The postage alone must have set them back a couple of bucks. It gives me the warm fuzzies to know that our dear leader in Atlanta enjoys huge bonuses while I get a piece of paper worth five cents.
Wow that is all you get for 30? I think I got that for 10 a few years ago. They should at least give you a gold watch or something. Actually you deserve a sports car or a yacht.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
My wife just handed me my 30 years of service certificate. I am so happy to know our beloved company has spared no expense in showing appreciation to a valued employee. The postage alone must have set them back a couple of bucks. It gives me the warm fuzzies to know that our dear leader in Atlanta enjoys huge bonuses while I get a piece of paper worth five cents.
What would you have rather had instead?

PT Car Washer

I would think UPS would give us another weeks paid vacation after 30 years and another after 35 and 40. After all how many employees make it that long?

Notretiredyet

I've been asking for that the past two contracts, why should the vacation progression stop at 25yrs. Esp now that we're forced to work till 55 for medical benefits.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
At 25 years, I was given a plaque (generic plastic) at the PCM. My name on the plaque was my nickname, not my given name, but that was okay.

The freaking letters that spelled my name were glued on crooked!

I pointed this out to my center manager (who was really a nice guy), and he was totally embarrassed and offered to get it replaced. I thanked him, laughed and shook his hand, and said no. Then I tossed it in the trash and we both had another laugh.

Gotta love Parcel!
This company gives me all I will ever need from them every Friday before start time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've been asking for that the past two contracts, why should the vacation progression stop at 25yrs. Esp now that we're forced to work till 55 for medical benefits.
Because two months is plenty and companies that pay people to not work usually don't last long.

Lastly if we got 9-10 weeks of vacation I'm sure many would work to 70+ that's not something the company wants.

All that and they care about your personal safety too!

Z

ZQXC

Plaque, Certificate? It's all crap, that means absolutely nothing!

Got 30 years now, and the only thing I expect is another heavy dispatch.

My 25 year plaque was a nice one. I got my 30 year piece of paper 3 months ago and it is a joke. 30 year piece of paper is the same one as the safety years. This company is really fu.. Cheap. That's why I'm out of this place in 3 weeks.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In our center, when they hand us those green cardboard boxes containing our certificates, we simply walk to the nearest trash can and toss them in.

At the PCM, they give us those worthless certificates and we dont care about them enough to take them home.

TOS.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The sad thing is that I remember seeing some of the rewards you could choose for service and safety. They had some nice stuff. I still use my 2 year safety reward igloo lunch box.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Up until this year, I had the same PT sup for the last 6 yrs. During the summer, he'd buy the line a case or two of gatorade every week. Once a week during peak, he'd buy donuts for all the loaders in our center out of his own pocket. And every christmas eve, his wife would make these lil goody bags for all of us with homemade cookies and candy. The cookies were terrible, but it was very sweet of her to do for people she'd never even met..lol. In return, one of us dinosaur loaders would take up a collection and buy the sup a gift card for xmas. This last peak, he stopped doing it. When I asked him why, he said the DM told him not to...that we get a paycheck and that's enough...we don't need anything extra.