30 + years with UPS & Fired - I'm the wife

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Doesn't matter where you got your degree if there's nothing up there to think critically and independently. Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones, sir.

I have two degrees, one from a school well-respected in its region, the other highly respected regionally, nationally AND internationally. I still hang out on this board despite my education (not very often but I still check in), so I don't understand your point. Are you saying that those of us with more education wouldn't be interested in the talk on this board? I usually find it quite amusing. My latest degree had a little economic piece to it, so I do understand most of the economic talk. In addition, it doesn't take a genius to understand the economy (if you know basic arithmetic and have a passing interest, you can understand the economy). My two cents. -Rocky

Rocky - don't know ya, don't know your history, don't know anything about you. I mean no disrespect, but -

You sound in your early 20s, just out of school.

We all thought we knew everything back then. Work in the real world for a little while. Then come back & apologize for being such a snob. Believe me, you'll cringe remembering the way you spoke here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Confidence is an admirable trait and one that we must have to do our jobs. Arrogance is a trait best left to professional athletes. RR needs to find a balance between these 2 traits.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am not an economist nor do I study economic data but I have noticed an alarming trend in regard to one economic indicator in my neighborhood. We used to only have one "bottle boy" --guy with shopping cart who wanders the neighborhood looking for empty deposit bottles/cans--but now we have four.

bellesotico

BOXstar
This is really turning into a thread hijack...

Maybe start your own thread???

Good luck at panel.

I suspect that the reason why wives post about these situations is because the husband does not tell her what's going on. I work with guys that their wives still don't know what they make a year.

TB

Barnyard...

My question was a sincere question. No motive behind it, purely trying to gain perspective. Sorry if it offended you or anyone else.

Regarding the thread hijack. I believe the original poster made the first off topic comments..so is it possible that the original poster hijacked her own thread?

Just curious.

New Englander

Doesn't matter where you got your degree if there's nothing up there to think critically and independently. Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones, sir.

I have two degrees, one from a school well-respected in its region, the other highly respected regionally, nationally AND internationally. I still hang out on this board despite my education (not very often but I still check in), so I don't understand your point. Are you saying that those of us with more education wouldn't be interested in the talk on this board? I usually find it quite amusing. My latest degree had a little economic piece to it, so I do understand most of the economic talk. In addition, it doesn't take a genius to understand the economy (if you know basic arithmetic and have a passing interest, you can understand the economy). My two cents. -Rocky

Never had a problem with you till now. You still hang with us despite your education?

Please do us a favor, you left UPS now leave here. Funny how with your vast education you still find trolling with us idiots enjoyable.

Overpaid Union Thug

I must defend Rocky here and let's look at why.

The following comment was made (directed at someone else and not Rocky).....

"Where did you get your degree? Are you using it? Why would someone that has such an understanding of the economy be hanging out on this blog?"

Rocky (because he has an education and maybe was offended by the comment) responded with......

"I have two degrees, one from a school well-respected in its region, the other highly respected regionally, nationally AND internationally. I still hang out on this board despite my education (not very often but I still check in), so I don't understand your point. Are you saying that those of us with more education wouldn't be interested in the talk on this board?"

He was clearly questioning the first comment. It wasn't meant to be a statement of fact. Just look at the last sentence from Rocky above. Some of you have taken his comments out of context and made him look like an educated snob when in reality the purpose of his comment was questioning a comment that was insinuating that someone with an education should not be hanging out on this board. I just feel that some of you are attacking the wrong guy here. I think it's because some people aren't reading all of the posts. Keep coming to the board Rocky. Some of us understood what you were saying.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Funny how with your vast education you still find trolling with us idiots enjoyable.

I've never called or thought anyone here an idiot unless they deserved it. I enjoy the banter here. I don't read a thread unless its something I find interesting. I have many friends and UPS'ers make up a large part of the group. -Rocky

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think BAU is right. Scanning a post can't totally mess up the intention of the poster. Kind of like all those folks who scanned their paperwork when they got their adjustable mortgages and now are losing their houses.
Read, don't just skim across !!

bellesotico

BOXstar
I must defend Rocky here and let's look at why.

The following comment was made (directed at someone else and not Rocky).....

"Where did you get your degree? Are you using it? Why would someone that has such an understanding of the economy be hanging out on this blog?"

Rocky (because he has an education and maybe was offended by the comment) responded with......

"I have two degrees, one from a school well-respected in its region, the other highly respected regionally, nationally AND internationally. I still hang out on this board despite my education (not very often but I still check in), so I don't understand your point. Are you saying that those of us with more education wouldn't be interested in the talk on this board?"

He was clearly questioning the first comment. It wasn't meant to be a statement of fact. Just look at the last sentence from Rocky above. Some of you have taken his comments out of context and made him look like an educated snob when in reality the purpose of his comment was questioning a comment that was insinuating that someone with an education should not be hanging out on this board. I just feel that some of you are attacking the wrong guy here. I think it's because some people aren't reading all of the posts. Keep coming to the board Rocky. Some of us understood what you were saying.

I understand where you are coming from and I had to re-read the post to make sure that I did not take the post out of context in error. In reading your post, I felt that perhaps I did. Your comments lend a different perspective as to how maybe Rocky was trying to convey his message.
In my defense, my response was based word choice. What gave Rocky's post a negative spin was the word "despite". That word gave his comments an "even though I have an education..I'm still here" feel to his post.
And frankly it irritated and offended me.
Now I see that perhaps it was a miscommunication and if that is so, well then I apologize. Maybe Rocky could take it a step further and clear it up for himself. :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your right--the ink and paper that they use are much more effective than paper towels.

Your original point has been taken and it has merit. Thanks for the constructive.

New Englander

I've never called or thought anyone here an idiot unless they deserved it. I enjoy the banter here. I don't read a thread unless its something I find interesting. I have many friends and UPS'ers make up a large part of the group. -Rocky

You didn't say it verbatim. Yet you did imply it with, "I still hang out on this board despite my education".

How are we supposed to take that?

That you like us still even though your education is far greater then us truck drivers?

Even if you didn't want to imply that, someone with your education could see how it could be taken.

Overpaid Union Thug

You didn't say it verbatim. Yet you did imply it with, "I still hang out on this board despite my education".

How are we supposed to take that?

That you like us still even though your education is far greater then us truck drivers?

Even if you didn't want to imply that, someone with your education could see how it could be taken.

You might want to start over and re-read everything. You are way off the mark here. Don't just pick one sentence out of the bunch.

wyobill

Julierae I am taking the 25 and out, Friday June 27 is my last day with UPS. If your husband has 31+ I would hope you look into the same program. UPS will catch up with a guy or gal sooner or later. Hopefully
you have a nice 401 built up. Good luck!

Your here one day and gone the next:happy2: