32 years old too late?

mster

No openings at ups right now .Got offered a part time courier job at FedEx. I already have a full time job that pays a dollar more than FedEx. Should i just wait till ups opens up?

FlaccidEgo

I applied with fedex at same time as ups. Fedex turned me down but ups gave me an opportunity and i'm glad it worked out that way

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
There is more to life than money.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1437158354.748671.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
It is a job. not a career.
Well my friend,,, I've had plenty of friends in life go to college have a. "Career" and went through jobs wives and unemployment like you wouldn't believe !!! When you work at the same job for over 25 yrs, never got laid off ,paid kids college tuitions , put money away for your grandchild ,have a house that's almost paid for and a happy wife ,,,,, that's a career !!!!

Well my friend,,, I've had plenty of friends in life go to college have a. "Career" and went through jobs wives and unemployment like you wouldn't believe !!! When you work at the same job for over 25 yrs, never got laid off ,paid kids college tuitions , put money away for your grandchild ,have a house that's almost paid for and a happy wife ,,,,, that's a career !!!!
I have had a UPS PT job for over 37 years and a bunch of other FT and PT jobs including 22 years in my states National Guard and still putting away money for retirement and a daughter that we just moved to Austin Texas for her masters in something or another and paid the house off 20 years ago. Does that mean I am a career PT Car Washer or is this just a job? To me it is just a job. When I get tired of this job I will just find another.

8000Shelf

Keep in mind you'll have to work about 4-10 years p/t inside the building before you'll earn enough seniority to be a driver. You would have excellent medical benefits after the first part time year, but not great pay. It's a good job to start when your young being that it is very physically demanding... but I've seen many drivers retire with a 25 year pension that didn't start driving till about age 40.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I have had a UPS PT job for over 37 years and a bunch of other FT and PT jobs including 22 years in my states National Guard and still putting away money for retirement and a daughter that we just moved to Austin Texas for her masters in something or another and paid the house off 20 years ago. Does that mean I am a career PT Car Washer or is this just a job? To me it is just a job. When I get tired of this job I will just find another.
Yes a job for you ,, a career for thousands of others that are full time !! Thank you for your service to this great country !!!!

Cementups

Box Monkey
I talked to a guy here at HARPA yesterday that has been on preload about 3 weeks and starts his driving classes next week. Apparently we need drivers here.