ajblakejr

Age quod agis
How do you endorse a check or sign a contract.....with an"X" ?? The nuns made us do all those exercises of circles on lined paper to get the flow correct. Today's kids are lazy and just slobs (most of them) and then there's "clock boy"

Endorse a check with an "X"; didn't we do this when we didn't have access to an education?

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Exactly.

What if...?

Are computers and smart phones a beginning of a decline in society? (rhetorical)

Are we so dependent on technology for connecting to others that we forget how to be human?
image.png

Yes...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Exactly.

What if...?

Are computers and smart phones a beginning of a decline in society? (rhetorical)

Are we so dependent on technology for connecting to others that we forget how to be human?

Yes. My daughter had to create an Instagram page for her sophomore class because some kids said talking to each other was too awkward. WTH?!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Then seniors should be really admired.....we did it without the internet, google, Wikipedia, video games and all the other junk that kids have today.
There's a whole generation of kids that think "Duh" is a speech!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Do you think kids today know what this "&" is called ??

Someone should do the playground like a Watter's World and ask around.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Do you ever try to explain how to read a map to someone?

Letters.
Would we have a WWII museum if not for letters from home & Soldiers?

Cards.
Why is Hallmark still in business when you can send an email?

Books.
Easier to ban books if they are never published.

Progress or regression?

I vaguely recall when the invention of the printing press occurred (I will not Google it.) but I know it was life changing.