39:4-67 Disqualifies me from driving?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ringsaroundnj, Oct 2, 2015.

1. ringsaroundnj

ringsaroundnj New Member

Was hoping for some feedback, guys.... I was supposed to start driving for my second casual season and I was told by the HR rep that I was not eligible because of a violation I received earlier this year. I'm confused between a non-moving violation and a no-points moving violation. Which do I have? There's very little correct info online.... Just opinions and people saying they hope they are offered that plea option.

39:4-67 - Obstructing passage of vehicles.

Does this in fact disqualify me from driving as a casual driver this season?

I vaguely recall the circumstances but I believe I took this plea to avoid going to trial. I was going to fight the ticket but it was worth it for me to pay $54 with no points or insurance surcharge instead of spending a day in court. If this trips me up and disqualifies me, I wonder if there's a way to go back to court and amend it to something else.

Please help, I'm very upset.
  2. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

How can you vaguely forget that ticket ?? Exactly what did you do !! It will help the BC jury decide !!!
  3. ringsaroundnj

ringsaroundnj New Member

Vaguely because I probably didn't think much of it at the time.

I got pulled over at 2am for cutting a left turn to soon and crossed the double yellow before it broke for the intersection. The lines were faded and I was simply pulled over in an attempt for the officer to find another issue, however, there was none. I had photo and video evidence and was prepared to fight it.

Is the BC jury going to give me a job or call HR with a not-guilty verdict?
  4. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Yep. You're not going to get a casual position this year.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Were you high? A simple yes or no will do
  6. ringsaroundnj

ringsaroundnj New Member

Exactly why? I know everyone has their own standards and rules but if New Jersey considers this a parking ticket, why doesn't UPS?
  7. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Agh man that sux !!! Maybe it won't show on the rmv report ,, but I would explain it to them in case it does! I think you'll be in the clear ,, Good luck
    Expect some playful beat down on here and some good advice !! Don't take anything to heart !!
  8. FrigidFTSup

That's not a parking ticket. You were moving were you not?
  9. ringsaroundnj

ringsaroundnj New Member

Yeah, but very slowly. :wink:.

Playful banter is okay but when livelihoods are at stake, people should be more considerate.
  10. FrigidFTSup

Maybe people should be more considerate in their driving when their livelihood is at stake.
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. ringsaroundnj

ringsaroundnj New Member

That's very true... Too bad for those idiots.
  12. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

UPS ? Or people who drive correctly?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

I think he meant Kentuckians
  14. FrigidFTSup

Look in the mirror and you'll find one of them.
  15. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

You sure it's not whatever you turds from Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York are called
  16. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

You pleaded guilty to a moving violation. The back of the ticket tells you what rights you are waiving when you sign it. You will find no good news here.
  17. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Actually the verbiage used in the charge could be used in two ways. It could reference someone double parked blocking a lane of travel or someone going under the posted minimum on a highway.
  18. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Deleted because I was not paying attention and apparently cannot read.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  19. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

It did come up, that is why the thread was started.
  20. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

You know, sometimes you just have to eat sht pie and admit that you were wrong. Good catch Barn, I totally missed that sentence.

Fixed it!