3rd Day - UPS Pre-Sort - What I've Learned

IDoLessWorkThanMost

TO upstate ny are you a jerk on this site or all the time im betting all the time .

Hey rocket man, please make sense in your posts, and use some English that the common man can understand. This is not a flame post but you often don't make any sense and your grammar is awful. Please at least try to improve how you communicate so we all can have an idea of what you're trying to express.

atatbl

Hey rocket man, please make sense in your posts, and use some English that the common man can understand. This is not a flame post but you often don't make any sense and your grammar is awful. Please at least try to improve how you communicate so we all can have an idea of what you're trying to express.

lol. I guess we agree on something. However the hate this guy is usually trying to spew makes us look like saints fighting. I would rather he stays a confused and confusing angry little man.

Theichii

It really depends on where you live but you did not make a big mistake, Here's a little story:

I was a peak season employee of '07 and i was a driver helper during that peak season. I busted my butt trying to prove to management that i was perfect for the job. And i was rehired middle of january '08 and my first day as a permanent employee was at driving school. The next week i was pre-loading (unloading trucks 1236 pph average, took me awhile to get there but it was worth it). However i was also hired a day before another guy and he also went to driving school with me. He was laid off the first week after driving school since i had more seniority, but we had a guy quit, so he came back the next week and we alternated unloading trucks and pulling packages for a walmart distribution center. After awhile (34 days) i was put scanning walmart packages and he was put loading a couple trucks. about day 47 i was told me and the other guy would alternate saturday driving since another guy was tired of doing it (we have a small center), and i was told i would be driving soon. Well, may 4th, i finally started my probationary period and will be finished tuesday. Hopefully they keep me driving, i really don't mind being a tcd the pay is 23.96 an hour. I am averaging about 16 stops an hour. and i really can't seem to be "under" and i finish around 5 o'clock and then help another driver out AND get his pickups to the buiding by 7. and i know sometimes supervisors are pushy but half of them are being pressured from above, and that pressure comes from above the people above the supervisors. In the words of Jim Casey "Management should have enough work to be in just above their heads". Keep trucking, man.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
a new hire maks 5x what i will be making .. cool

pkg handler do yourself a favor and don't get involved now. If your intentions are to become a sup. I don't know where you are or what you start at but when your paycheck and bonus's start rolling in....

Jump back in then and tell these fools to shut up!

Unless of course your not taking the position.:happy2:

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
Well if you think the suck-up approach works, then maybe it's time to step up past dunkies and start some real :censored2: kissin. Join the saftey committee! :peaceful:

This is an attempt to get back on track here - yes, I know, Selfish, ME, ME, ME....

Finished the week. Supposedly had top numbers every day.

Called into office, told I could start Saturday delivery next week ( I passed all written tests on the computer, taking driving test Tuesday)

Asked if I wanted to try other areas, did some time on sort, small sort, introduced to loading but didn't do any.

Union or no Union, Maybe those strategically placed Dunkin Donuts did the trick?

Don't do the :censored2: kissin' thing...the only thing that will happen is they will get you to do everything...because you will and you'll be waiting in line (still) just like everyone else.

How are they allowing you to drive without your MDOT physical?
what about your uniforms they have to order?
and I am pretty sure you told us you just started?

and just out of curiousity, what were your top numbers for?

pkg handler

pkg handler do yourself a favor and don't get involved now. If your intentions are to become a sup. I don't know where you are or what you start at but when your paycheck and bonus's start rolling in....

Jump back in then and tell these fools to shut up!

Unless of course your not taking the position.:happy2:
i took it...:0 i start tommorrow ..got my shirts today .. shoud be an experience

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
lol. I guess we agree on something. However the hate this guy is usually trying to spew makes us look like saints fighting. I would rather he stays a confused and confusing angry little man.

OH MAN....:-)wink2:) come on...

Who is interupting my ongoing days-on-end, long boring argument all about me here!:laughing:

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
It really depends on where you live but you did not make a big mistake, Here's a little story:

I was a peak season employee of '07 and i was a driver helper during that peak season. I busted my butt trying to prove to management that i was perfect for the job. And i was rehired middle of january '08 and my first day as a permanent employee was at driving school. The next week i was pre-loading (unloading trucks 1236 pph average, took me awhile to get there but it was worth it). However i was also hired a day before another guy and he also went to driving school with me. He was laid off the first week after driving school since i had more seniority, but we had a guy quit, so he came back the next week and we alternated unloading trucks and pulling packages for a walmart distribution center. After awhile (34 days) i was put scanning walmart packages and he was put loading a couple trucks. about day 47 i was told me and the other guy would alternate saturday driving since another guy was tired of doing it (we have a small center), and i was told i would be driving soon. Well, may 4th, i finally started my probationary period and will be finished tuesday. Hopefully they keep me driving, i really don't mind being a tcd the pay is 23.96 an hour. I am averaging about 16 stops an hour. and i really can't seem to be "under" and i finish around 5 o'clock and then help another driver out AND get his pickups to the buiding by 7. and i know sometimes supervisors are pushy but half of them are being pressured from above, and that pressure comes from above the people above the supervisors. In the words of Jim Casey "Management should have enough work to be in just above their heads". Keep trucking, man.

You had me at hello....LOL.
I was with ya....then ya lost me...then I got with ya again!
Whew....that was long!
1236 pph? really.....? Superman! Is that you? LOL Only Joking! Smile guy!
No :censored2: kissing round these parts!

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
i took it...:0 i start tommorrow ..got my shirts today .. shoud be an experience

CONGRATS! GOOD LUCK...keep in the back of your mind..."positive reinforcement" don't let anyone convince you otherwise. You do not
have to be a jerk about things. People react better to positive, earn
the respect of your loaders. Once they respect you and trust you, you'll have an amazing working relationship!!

It looks easy..
ya know cause "us sup's" we don't do anything...but stand around.... :wink2:

When the pressure starts....(and it will) stay cool...make it happen... they will try to convince ya that you need to be a loud screaming jerk...you don't.

Stay focused & positive...

You know a lot about your belt already you will see the infux and the luls, you'll get to know when your loaders need your support and when they just need to be left alone.

and always, always....
remember where you came from... :happy2:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I am certainly glad you know what I was doing.

You are WRONG...
as usual.....

Um, you left for open interpetation. No where did you ever verify you "made 10x a loader", including showing us in your pay stub with the goods unblotted.

KINGOFNOWORK or whatever...that is not you mispelling now is it??
When you type 80+wpm and don't spellcheck it's possible to *##%@ up.

Originally Posted by IDoLessWorkThanMost
A new-hire loader makes 5x a supervisor pay.

(If you compute 10,000/year into 2,000/mo)

That was just stupid...

Of course it was, because I jokingly used the same logic you used earlier in the thread except you were serious! ;)

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
Um, you left for open interpetation. No where did you ever verify you "made 10x a loader", including showing us in your pay stub with the goods unblotted.

Of course it was, because I jokingly used the same logic you used earlier in the thread except you were serious! ;)

I agree with you in other threads....I guess we just won't agree here...No biggie though, ya have to say it's fun! LOL... I have to say you keep my blood pumping and I look forward to what we are going to talk about next! :wink2:
*80+ WPM is very impressive!
*When I get around to a scanner, I will hook ya up...

Storm723

Preload Supervisor

Just to clarify...what I stated way back when... was I make 10x more than I did as (when I was) a loader. Somewhere along this string...or another one...I laid that all out. :peaceful:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I agree with you in other threads....I guess we just won't agree here...No biggie though, ya have to say it's fun! LOL... I have to say you keep my blood pumping and I look forward to what we are going to talk about next! :wink2:
*80+ WPM is very impressive!
*When I get around to a scanner, I will hook ya up...

no problem. Its really none of my or anyone elses business what you make or what I make. If you're happy with it, then keep at it.

atatbl

Just to clarify...what I stated way back when... was I make 10x more than I did as (when I was) a loader. Somewhere along this string...or another one...I laid that all out. :peaceful:

no problem. Its really none of my or anyone elses business what you make or what I make. If you're happy with it, then keep at it.

I guess you guys calmed down.... That is unacceptable. Maybe this will get you guys going again.

I happen to make one hundred billion dollars...... a month

remoteImage-36.gif

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
I guess you guys calmed down.... That is unacceptable. Maybe this will get you guys going again.

I happen to make one hundred billion dollars...... a month

remoteImage-36.gif

LMAO!! Yeah right...don't worry atatbl,
I am pretty positive it won't take long...
before we are back at it...
argue-seuss.jpg

almost getting along crud is kinda of boring...lol!​