3rd Quarter Numbers...

vantexan

...announced this morning and both gross revenue and earnings per share came in way under Wall Street estimates. FedEx is blaming weather. Unless it picks up big time I wouldn't count on a raise this year.

Serf

They did come in under. However, The Wall Street Journal seems to be reporting everything is swell. Profit was still made. And historically 3rd quarter has always suffered due to winter weather. On another note. I am seeing a trend before SFA's. Last year it was pizza and RC cola. This year it's a bagged sandwich lunch. Butter me up and I'll give you a great review. Or since March is no longer raise month, were sorry, here is a sandwich :)

dezguy

They did come in under. However, The Wall Street Journal seems to be reporting everything is swell. Profit was still made. And historically 3rd quarter has always suffered due to winter weather. On another note. I am seeing a trend before SFA's. Last year it was pizza and RC cola. This year it's a bagged sandwich lunch. Butter me up and I'll give you a great review. Or since March is no longer raise month, were sorry, here is a sandwich :)

It's amazing how much feedback they want from you or how much they pretend to care about front line workers this time of year. Every year, just before SFA, the purse strings are loosened just a bit but then after SFA, the company has no money. Such a joke.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Serve friendood Annually is pretty much the norm. Frankly, I'm surprised they're even bothering with an SFA this year, but I'm sure the "results" will confirm we are extremely happy about all aspects of our career, especially pay and benefits.

!Retired!

A raise might put people in a better mood for SFA. When they bring in breakfast and/or lunch, I don't take any of it and it doesn't change the scores I give.

El Morado Diablo

Serve friendood Annually is pretty much the norm. Frankly, I'm surprised they're even bothering with an SFA this year, but I'm sure the "results" will confirm we are extremely happy about all aspects of our career, especially pay and benefits.

Did you notice MT3's comment in the latest Frontline that "taking the SFA is voluntary"? It always has been, but management always wants it done as soon as possible once you can start taking it. Then they start pressuring the people who haven't taken it to do so. According to our manager, management can't see who has or has not taken the survey now. Interesting change of tactics.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Did you notice MT3's comment in the latest Frontline that "taking the SFA is voluntary"? It always has been, but management always wants it done as soon as possible once you can start taking it. Then they start pressuring the people who haven't taken it to do so. According to our manager, management can't see who has or has not taken the survey now. Interesting change of tactics.

I think even MT3 is smart enough to know that those who actually take it aren't going to be especially happy. The fewer people that take it, the better he is going to look. Sorry, Matt, but a pile of :censored2: is just that...a pile of :censored2:. No way to hide it except lie (as usual) about the "results".

Keystone

Please be careful!!! I worked for Fedex Express for two years....the first year, bleeding purple, I gave a glowing review of fedex and my managers....the second year, I had become wiser and gave numbers reflecting that. Then in July, as you can all review from my prior posts, I was asked to come in on my God given day off, which I did, thinking I was going above and beyond, was fired for running a route I was semi-familiar with for asking directions for two deliveries, which I had done many times in the past with no repercussions (asking for directions). However, this time I was called in suspended, and subsequently fired for "falsification."

I was initially denied unemployment, but after an appeal and subsequent trial, I was awarded unemployment for six months; of which, I needed 4 until finding gainful employment beyond the purple penis promise.

With that said, if you do submit to the SFA, make sure your bloat your numbers to ensure your semi-gainful employment.

When I was fired I had one raise and was making 14.96 per hour minus "benefits" and child support. I was taking home, after working 40+ hours a week, $180....what a joke....that's Fred's daily bar tab!!!

So please be careful taking the "anonymous" SFA!!!!!

hypo hanna

It is not mandatory.

This is clear from a reading of the P&P manual. When managers have tried to write up employees in the past for not taking the survey they were overruled by HR. if you doubt me, send an email to your HR rep and ask them directly what are the ramifications for not filling out the SFA. I'm sure you will get a long winded response about how it's good for you and the company to participate but somewhere in there it will be stated that you can't be punished for it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Your manager is correct. He will now only be able to see how much of the workgroup has completed it. This was changed because the black helicopter crowd assumed it meant that management was able to see how each individual score them.

MAKAVELI

Your manager is correct. He will now only be able to see how much of the workgroup has completed it. This was changed because the black helicopter crowd assumed it meant that management was able to see how each individual score them.
And because you said so we should trust you right? Sorry but none of the frontline workers trust upper management. You guys are about as trustworthy as a politician.

59 Dano

And because you said so we should trust you right? Sorry but none of the frontline workers trust upper management. You guys are about as trustworthy as a politician.

OK then don't believe it. If not taking the SFA makes you feel like you've score a point against "the man," I wouldn't want to deprive you of that.

Keystone

And if you, "Dano" feel better spewing your fedex bleed purple bull:censored2:, I wouldn't want to deprive you of your first amendment bull:censored2: rights. What I do love is that you never address the fact that you are management, you just try to redirect the conversation and hope everyone doesn't see you for whom you are.....however, you are quite transparent in your posts to those of us that have an IQ above bull:censored2:

Keystone

enjoy your salary Dano, and maybe on an off day try jumping in with a courier and see what they deal with daily.....get out of that office and smell some fresh air, along with the unattainable sph and see if you could make the bull:censored2: numbers....btw, I bet your office is AMAZING! invite me over sometime!

What I always wanted to know while working at Fedex and still do....and yes I did ask my Ops while working there, is, when are we suppose to be able to take a piss off of Fred's clock?????? hmm, no one has ever been able to answer that one for me.....let me guess, you'll say it's built into the numbers just like my managers did...LMAO....more BULL:censored2:!!~~ bet no one was timing them while they were in the :censored2:ter!!! when can a courier take a minute or two to pee? sure wasn't built in on my clock when I was there....I pissed in a bottle in the back of my truck and then continued to work as directed....bet the NEWS would love to hear that one!!!! Courier handles his own "package" and then delivers package to public!!!! LOL what a headline!!!! pun intended....

59 Dano

And if you, "Dano" feel better spewing your fedex bleed purple bull:censored2:, I wouldn't want to deprive you of your first amendment bull:censored2: rights. What I do love is that you never address the fact that you are management, you just try to redirect the conversation and hope everyone doesn't see you for whom you are.....however, you are quite transparent in your posts to those of us that have an IQ above bull:censored2:

Where have I ever, EVER told anyone that they should love this job or that it was the greatest place to work? Nowhere.

Maybe when you pass the GED exam your reading comprehension will improve.

59 Dano

enjoy your salary Dano, and maybe on an off day try jumping in with a courier and see what they deal with daily.....get out of that office and smell some fresh air, along with the unattainable sph and see if you could make the bull:censored2: numbers....btw, I bet your office is AMAZING! invite me over sometime!

It's great when a swing runs 108% on a route with an "unattainable" goal and it's even better when he does it on a check ride.

What I always wanted to know while working at Fedex and still do....and yes I did ask my Ops while working there, is, when are we suppose to be able to take a piss off of Fred's clock?????? hmm, no one has ever been able to answer that one for me.....let me guess, you'll say it's built into the numbers just like my managers did...LMAO....more BULL:censored2:!!~~ bet no one was timing them while they were in the :censored2:ter!!! when can a courier take a minute or two to pee? sure wasn't built in on my clock when I was there....I pissed in a bottle in the back of my truck and then continued to work as directed....bet the NEWS would love to hear that one!!!! Courier handles his own "package" and then delivers package to public!!!! LOL what a headline!!!! pun intended....

You have issues.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Did you notice Fred is also BLAMING the shipper's for:

Missing labels, damaged packages?

However 75% of those that took the buyout are gone, with the rest presumably in the next year. Plus the replacement of the older planes, blah ... blah ...

Nope, nada, nil ... you and you and you, don't expect that 2% for awhile.

Manager Wants Buyout

You may not be aware but the failed FedEx Office has lost $30,000,000 in controllable profit through the first 9 months of the year. Of course the 4th quarter has much higher budgets and the failure will naturally escalate. The latest plan to combat the failure, cut $14 in payroll per center, per day. It's time to shut down the operation and outsource package acceptance to other retailers like Wal-Mart or CVS. There's nothing left but the scent of undying failure and declines. This failed "OpCo" was shoved into Services to hide the abject failure but the blood loss is too much. Let's get excited about 2015 and get a QAT set up to plan the formal shut down of this failure.