3rd resi attempt going bye bye...

hypo hanna

Express will be testing Aug 20 thru Oct 12 reducing delivery attempts at resi stops from 3 to 2. Affecting southern and western regions.

At least thats the rumor.

Schlepper

Wonder if that'll make it to Ground and HD. Like it matters anyways - unfailingly, the day after the 3rd attempt the box will be back on my pile with CSM taped to it saying the customer will be home that day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wonder if that'll make it to Ground and HD. Like it matters anyways - unfailingly, the day after the 3rd attempt the box will be back on my pile with CSM taped to it saying the customer will be home that day.

COD's and non-signature required packages are RTS'd after the 3rd attempt.

klein

Für Meno :)
I was at the UPS Store downtown the other day (getting decals, business cards made up).

According to the store owner - UPS only does 1 delivery attempt in the downtown area - all non-delivered packages go to him at days end !

STFXG

We dont get paid for resi attempts if they aren't home... Only paid for deliveries. So why cut the days down for ground and hd?

STFXG

Yeah, but we dont have to reattempt same day. Just have to swing by once. Just a wasted trip...

Schlepper

Yeah, but we dont have to reattempt same day. Just have to swing by once. Just a wasted trip...

Only time I'll reattempt is if it's the only 07 I have left over and it's not in the middle of nowhere. It's still mildly satisfying to pull up for your van service audit and tell them you're empty.

DS

Fenderbender
I was at the UPS Store downtown the other day (getting decals, business cards made up).

According to the store owner - UPS only does 1 delivery attempt in the downtown area - all non-delivered packages go to him at days end !
I know this is a fedex thread,but send agains affect all of us .
They are forcing the issue here by having a non tolerance on any send agains unless it's a photo ID req pkg.
One attempt and ADL(alternate delivery location)...aka...the UPS store.
They make $1 on each pkg.I hate it.Some drivers love it.Customers have mixed opinions.
This is not just downtown,it's the whole city.The time has come to rename ups...I suggest...
Corporate express

Out of the Dark

Express will be testing Aug 20 thru Oct 12 reducing delivery attempts at resi stops from 3 to 2. Affecting southern and western regions.

At least thats the rumor.

I am still waiting on the "How will you shave minutes off your day" and the " three page Fedex accepted behavior on Social Media Sites" OMG I can't take anymore!

CJinx

It already does in some places. Our HD station drivers leave boxes in QA after two attempts on DSR/ASR, indirect and multi-unit buildings. I'm not sure how or why this allowed, but that is how they do it.

It'd be really nice if we could RTS something immediately after 3 attempts. QA clerks would have nothing to do. :)

SmithBarney

They should do away with 2nd and 3rd attempts on COD packages.
Look you ordered something, or your Paychecks come the same
day every week, you know they are coming.. Why can't you have a check til the 3rd day(or 4th when the CSA insists on taking it)
1st day or come pick it up.

vantexan

day every week, you know they are coming.. Why can't you have a check til the 3rd day(or 4th when the CSA insists on taking it)

Someone in Memphis just shouted "Why didn't I think of that?!! That'll get me promoted or my name isn't 59 Dano!"

TUT

Since there is a thing known as online credit card billing. COD should just be abandoned period. It's time came and went sometime in the 80's.