3rd resi attempt going bye bye...

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by hypo hanna, Aug 1, 2012.

1. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Express will be testing Aug 20 thru Oct 12 reducing delivery attempts at resi stops from 3 to 2. Affecting southern and western regions.

At least thats the rumor.
  2. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

Bout time!!
  3. Schlepper

Schlepper New Member

Wonder if that'll make it to Ground and HD. Like it matters anyways - unfailingly, the day after the 3rd attempt the box will be back on my pile with CSM taped to it saying the customer will be home that day.
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

COD's and non-signature required packages are RTS'd after the 3rd attempt.
  5. klein

klein Für Meno :)

I was at the UPS Store downtown the other day (getting decals, business cards made up).

According to the store owner - UPS only does 1 delivery attempt in the downtown area - all non-delivered packages go to him at days end !
  6. Schlepper

Schlepper New Member

Right. Should have specified DSigns/ISigns. If there's no sig req, I'm gonna make it happen one way or the other.
  7. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

We dont get paid for resi attempts if they aren't home... Only paid for deliveries. So why cut the days down for ground and hd?
  8. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

Forces you into a longer day making same day reattempts to get paid?
  9. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Yeah, but we dont have to reattempt same day. Just have to swing by once. Just a wasted trip...
  10. Schlepper

Schlepper New Member

Only time I'll reattempt is if it's the only 07 I have left over and it's not in the middle of nowhere. It's still mildly satisfying to pull up for your van service audit and tell them you're empty.
  11. DS

DS Fenderbender

I know this is a fedex thread,but send agains affect all of us .
    They are forcing the issue here by having a non tolerance on any send agains unless it's a photo ID req pkg.
    One attempt and ADL(alternate delivery location)...aka...the UPS store.
    They make $1 on each pkg.I hate it.Some drivers love it.Customers have mixed opinions.
    This is not just downtown,it's the whole city.The time has come to rename ups...I suggest...
    Corporate express
  12. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Corporate Express already taken.
  13. klein

klein Für Meno :)

What about CPS ? "Customer pick-up service" ?
  14. Out of the Dark

Out of the Dark New Member

I am still waiting on the "How will you shave minutes off your day" and the " three page Fedex accepted behavior on Social Media Sites" OMG I can't take anymore!
  15. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

It already does in some places. Our HD station drivers leave boxes in QA after two attempts on DSR/ASR, indirect and multi-unit buildings. I'm not sure how or why this allowed, but that is how they do it.

It'd be really nice if we could RTS something immediately after 3 attempts. QA clerks would have nothing to do. :)
  16. DS

DS Fenderbender

OK, how about UPSONE...one attempt...cheapest service...
  17. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

They should do away with 2nd and 3rd attempts on COD packages.
    Look you ordered something, or your Paychecks come the same
    day every week, you know they are coming.. Why can't you have a check til the 3rd day(or 4th when the CSA insists on taking it)
    1st day or come pick it up.
  18. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

Someone in Memphis just shouted "Why didn't I think of that?!! That'll get me promoted or my name isn't 59 Dano!"
  19. Guapo

Guapo New Member

Yeah me as well...then again i may be too remote for any of it to get to my station
  20. TUT

TUT Well-Known Member

Since there is a thing known as online credit card billing. COD should just be abandoned period. It's time came and went sometime in the 80's.