3rd resi attempt going bye bye...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's not entirely correct. Our bad address surcharge ($11, or whatever it is now) is often pure profit along the lines of bank overdraft charges and credit card over the limit fees Sometimes the bad address hassle eats up the revenue from the surcharge, but it makes a ton of extra money.

Do you read this from a script that they provide, or is there a teleprompter that tells you what to write?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Some can be easily resolved with a google search but plenty require some real detective work.

Call the recipient and ask him his correct address. If he doesn't answer, leave a message asking him to call the 800 number and provide his proper address. If he has no voice mail, call the shipper and tell them what's up and to call the 800 number with the correct address once they get it. Tell whomever you get that the pkg will be returned if we don't get the corrected address within 5 business days.

It's not our jobs to be detectives.

59 Dano

I could see them eliminating guarantee hours, that would be a sure fire way to motivate sr. couriers out the door.
Granted I'd like to thing that a lawsuit would probably pop up. citing past practices, people could if they got off their duffs probably organize a lawsuit in regards to elimination of Split/2nd/3rd Shift premiums, since many ramp workers have their current positions because of this "benefit."

Would be laughed out of court. It's legal to cut pay and cut hours.

Ricochet1a

That's not entirely correct. Our bad address surcharge ($11, or whatever it is now) is often pure profit along the lines of bank overdraft charges and credit card over the limit fees Sometimes the bad address hassle eats up the revenue from the surcharge, but it makes a ton of extra money.

Wrong....

If the surcharge was pure profit, Express wouldn't have gone to the effort of having CSAs generate shipping labels with all data entered into the POS while the over-the-counter customer was standing there. The surcharge merely offsets the costs incurred in having a CSA do the research, pulling the package out of the sort and other loss of system efficiencies.

Bad addresses COST Express business - the shipper EXPECTS the package to be delivered on time, REGARDLESS if they happen to make an error in getting the correct address on the package. The $11 only covers Express' cost in correcting the error and incremental loss of customer good will (each bad address costs Express just a little bit in lost goodwill).

If the surcharge created "pure profit", Express wouldn't give one lick that customers got the correct address on the package and would let the revenue roll in.

Mr Fedex

Banned
No, like a Road Apple, and FedEx is no good either. Kind of green, smelly, and grassy.

Wow! I havent been here in a while but I see Mr FedEx is more negative than ever towards a company that allowed you to provide for yourself and your family.Last i heard is that you work at Walmart now so why all the hate for FedEx if you dont even work there anymore? At least Fedex is truely an American company.Unlike Walmart where everything is from China. Shame on you.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Wow! I havent been here in a while but I see Mr FedEx is more negative than ever towards a company that allowed you to provide for yourself and your family.Last i heard is that you work at Walmart now so why all the hate for FedEx if you dont even work there anymore? At least Fedex is truely an American company.Unlike Walmart where everything is from China. Shame on you.[/QUTE

Wow, Memphis is really calling all Shills huh.....

hypo hanna

Actually for dispatchers and CSA's, it IS part of their jobs to be detectives and research these bad addys. I doubt it's the profit center you claim it to be seeing as drivers rarely do the REX scan once they get the corrected address. Without that, the cust doesn't get the surcharge.

hypo hanna

Wow! I havent been here in a while but I see Mr FedEx is more negative than ever towards a company that allowed you to provide for yourself and your family.Last i heard is that you work at Walmart now so why all the hate for FedEx if you dont even work there anymore? At least Fedex is truely an American company.Unlike Walmart where everything is from China. Shame on you.
FedEx is no more American the WalMart. Both are actively outsourcing American jobs. You are just more aware of walmarts BS due to the nature of their business.
FedEx has outsourced call centers first to Canada then El Salvador and Mexico.
last I heard a bunch of that packaging we use is made in either Honduras or niceragua.

thedownhillEXPRESS

FedEx is no more American the WalMart. Both are actively outsourcing American jobs. You are just more aware of walmarts BS due to the nature of their business.
last I heard a bunch of that packaging we use is made in either Honduras or niceragua.

The only difference is FedEx has been able to hide its shady labor practices by keeping the Express facade in front.
Soon Express will be officially minimized, and that wall will come crumbling down.....

Guapo

Got our papers today...August 20th start date for 2 attempts....

Unless the customers ask for a third attempt.. which they can according to the handout...which they will after wasting their and a csa's time on the phone. Just another WASTE of time and paper so an engineer can have something to do.

hypo hanna

Some aircraft maintainance has been outsourced to el salvadore with more on the way. The station mechanics have been outsourcing more and more work every day.
The vast majority of computer techs in my district are contract labor. (you can tell these people by their unique uniforms... Flip flops and cargo shorts.)

Last edited:

59 Dano

Wrong....

If the surcharge was pure profit, Express wouldn't have gone to the effort of having CSAs generate shipping labels with all data entered into the POS while the over-the-counter customer was standing there. The surcharge merely offsets the costs incurred in having a CSA do the research, pulling the package out of the sort and other loss of system efficiencies.

Bad addresses COST Express business - the shipper EXPECTS the package to be delivered on time, REGARDLESS if they happen to make an error in getting the correct address on the package. The $11 only covers Express' cost in correcting the error and incremental loss of customer good will (each bad address costs Express just a little bit in lost goodwill).

If the surcharge created "pure profit", Express wouldn't give one lick that customers got the correct address on the package and would let the revenue roll in.

I said it's OFTEN pure profit. Not always, not most of the time, but often.

Pay attention.

59 Dano

Call centers get no love. We point to the ones in the USA and complain that they are dead end McJobs. We point to the ones that used to be here and complain that we don't have them anymore.

hypo hanna

Within the context of the discussion you implied as much. Because you did a google search on your phone and were able to resolve a few in no way indicates what is involved for y the dispatchers and CSA's.