3rd resi attempt going bye bye...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Within the context of the discussion you implied as much.

If you say so.

Because you did a google search on your phone and were able to resolve a few in no way indicates what is involved for y the dispatchers and CSA's.

Most of the ones in this area are missing apartment numbers and usually to complexes. The courier typically takes the pkg out and goes to the leasing office. "I've got a pkg for John Doe but no apartment number." He gets the number and delivers to the apartment. That doesn't cost $11 or whatever the fee is.

Otherwise, the CSA's that I've worked with call the recip and either get the correct address or leave a message. That doesn't cost $11.

If there is no phone number for the recip, the CSA's call the shipper and ask for a correct address or leave a message if there's no answer. That doesn't cost $11.

Let's not forget the people who regularly get pkgs that never have the right address and the CRR takes it out, REX's it like he always does, and makes the delivery. That doesn't cost $11.

That's how profit is made from the bad address charge. There are others that require more work, but if employees are regularly burning $11 in pursuit of an address correction someone needs to straighten them out.

SmithBarney

If you say so.
That doesn't cost $11 or whatever the fee is.

Otherwise, the CSA's that I've worked with call the recip and either get the correct address or leave a message. That doesn't cost $11.

If there is no phone number for the recip, the CSA's call the shipper and ask for a correct address or leave a message if there's no answer. That doesn't cost $11.

Let's not forget the people who regularly get pkgs that never have the right address and the CRR takes it out, REX's it like he always does, and makes the delivery. That doesn't cost $11.

That's how profit is made from the bad address charge. There are others that require more work, but if employees are regularly burning $11 in pursuit of an address correction someone needs to straighten them out.

You know what it doesn't cost $50 to ship a package it might cost ~$45 (according to our 10% profit rule)

So lets see if it takes a CRR(lets say making $20/hr) 10-15 minutes to take it to leasing office, get address after waiting for office staff to get address(we all know they work so fast LOL) REX the package, then find apt and reatt, of course following best practices and knocking first and waiting..

It costs the company $3-5 in labor
It actually costs closer $4.50-$7.50 since in most cases that 10-15min adds time to the end of the day which usually is OT.
Now add in the medical and other misc costs of having an employee, fuel(the driver had to go out of the way to get to office) the 11$ cost is a relative bargain for the SHIPPERS error.

Now if you take into account a CRR that brings a package back to the STA, we actually lose money because
now we've gone twice for the same package.

So its not all just blatant PROFIT. It sucks I know, but it is the cost of doing business.

hypo hanna

But there's more. Before going to the office the courier does a dex03 to save service automatically triggering a message on the dispatcher's screen. He now has 30 minutes to research it and all the other dex03's and time stamp in cosmos. Some of these calls can take up to ten minutes of being put on hold or getting endlessly transferred from one department to another. If he is unable to get a good address, he enters comments in cosmos and transfers the Dex over to the station CSA's where the process begins again. Should they not be able to get it resolved while the driver is still on the road, it comes back to the station for even more handling. If its resolved while the driver is still on road he is expected to make another attempt regardless of how much backtracking is involved.

Considering some of the extreme discounting on many of these pkgs, we are more then likely in the red even if the pkg gets a REX.

59 Dano

So lets see if it takes a CRR(lets say making $20/hr) 10-15 minutes to take it to leasing office, get address after waiting for office staff to get address(we all know they work so fast LOL) REX the package, then find apt and reatt, of course following best practices and knocking first and waiting..

It takes you (or others) 15 minutes to talk to the person at the office and then go to the apartment?? How many square miles does an apartment complex cover in the town you work in LOL

59 Dano

But there's more. Before going to the office the courier does a dex03 to save service automatically triggering a message on the dispatcher's screen. He now has 30 minutes to research it and all the other dex03's and time stamp in cosmos. Some of these calls can take up to ten minutes of being put on hold or getting endlessly transferred from one department to another. If he is unable to get a good address, he enters comments in cosmos and transfers the Dex over to the station CSA's where the process begins again.

No research needed. Do you not have that on your power pad? You don't need the research and the DISP won't research it if you select that.

hypo hanna

About 60% of the dex03s that come across a dispatchers screen are NRN. Fact is that other 40% eats up whatever profit those easy Ones provide. Again that profit depends on the pkg getting the REX scan which you and I both know doesn't happen with every bad address. I don't have exact figures but I suspect it's below 50%.

55+

It takes you (or others) 15 minutes to talk to the person at the office and then go to the apartment?? How many square miles does an apartment complex cover in the town you work in LOL
Depends on how many speed bumps there are..and whether or not ur a swing or ptimer who doesn,t know the complex very well since many have their numbers hidden behind trees or not on the side of the bldg..

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
If I encounter a package that is missing an apt. number or unit, or whatever, I make sure I dex it just before I get off road.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx is no more American the WalMart. Both are actively outsourcing American jobs. You are just more aware of walmarts BS due to the nature of their business.
FedEx has outsourced call centers first to Canada then El Salvador and Mexico.
last I heard a bunch of that packaging we use is made in either Honduras or niceragua.

Hallo. My name is Miguel and I am FedEx. Can I hellep you with your problemo, I mean problem? Oh, I do not know of what you speak but I assure you that the FedEx will help you find your package and it will be delivered or so they say. Our tracking information says that your package was picked up in Boston, Florida at 432pm on August 1st and delivered in Anchorage, California at 1132 on August 12th. It was signed for by N. Noname.

Thank you for choosing FedEx.

59 Dano

About 60% of the dex03s that come across a dispatchers screen are NRN. Fact is that other 40% eats up whatever profit those easy Ones provide. Again that profit depends on the pkg getting the REX scan which you and I both know doesn't happen with every bad address. I don't have exact figures but I suspect it's below 50%.

You're tossing out "facts" that are supported by guesses. Thanks!

If 40% ate up all the money made by the 60%, the fee would be considerably higher than it is. Unless, of course, you'd like to argue that big greedy Express, which cares about nothing but money, is intentionally undercharging for a service out of benevolence.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're tossing out "facts" that are supported by guesses. Thanks!

If 40% ate up all the money made by the 60%, the fee would be considerably higher than it is. Unless, of course, you'd like to argue that big greedy Express, which cares about nothing but money, is intentionally undercharging for a service out of benevolence.

Your "facts' are always accurate, right? Especially seeing as you have no special interest in promoting the company line....LOL.

59 Dano

Your "facts' are always accurate, right? Especially seeing as you have no special interest in promoting the company line....LOL.

I know the difference between a fact and a pure guess and don't have a problem labeling them as such.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know the difference between a fact and a pure guess and don't have a problem labeling them as such.

No, you don't. You know the difference between a lie and a shill-lie. They're actually one in the same, but the shill-lie gets sugar-coated in an attempt to make it look good. You're full of crap.