3rd Vote

so whats going to happen after this 3rd vote. i am hearing different things.

1. strike vote is next. and looks like they will vote for a strike.
2. no strike. i hear that hoffa and hall will only have Ohio and Pennsylvania strike and not the rest of us.

isnt the third vote supposed to be a strike vote? can hoffa and hall tell only those two states to strike while the rest of the country works? what message does that send to ups if only those locals strike while the rest of us keep working? the union will fall apart, thats why we have a "union" to be united.

what are we all going to do.

if we do strike will the master get rewritten? thats what i really want anyway. my local passed the second vote. that makes me sick. all that i hear is that everyone wants their back pay. for some of them its just going to be a few dollars. to me its not worth it, all of the stuff that we are giving up only for a few pennies for a back pay check. in my opinion we lost a lot in medical and pension, i could care less about the raise. in this time and economy our benefits out weight the pay. especially since there is talk about the minimum wage increasing to $10 an hour. i think that we all work way harder then 3 times the minimum wage.

just my thoughts. please leave your read back and opinions positive or negative. i think that we all desirve more then what we are offered and getting. ups and the union leaders are all making too much out of this contract.

-just a tired and grumpy driver.

I guarentee we don't go on strike. If this on doesn't pass they'll devote it. The cost of sending these ballots out is a lot. A lot of wasted money by members that can't let go. I appreciate there tenaciousness but the healthcare isn't changing.

rod

Retired 22 years
I guarentee we don't go on strike. If this on doesn't pass they'll devote it. The cost of sending these ballots out is a lot. A lot of wasted money by members that can't let go. I appreciate there tenaciousness but the healthcare isn't changing.

And you know this because......?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
The "strike vote" is a strike authorization vote only. It simply gives the National Negotiating Committee the option to strike.

Per the IBT Constitution, if a strike authorization vote fails and a supplement vote also fails the supplemental agreement can then be imposed. Quite frankly, I don't think many people know what will happen if a strike authorization is approved and the supplement also shot down. The rumor is that if any strike action takes place, picket lines won't be sanctioned beyond the affected areas. That's probably one of the big reasons why we haven't heard of a second vote out of Local 89 -- the company can move/divert work around Ohio and Pennsylvania but shutting down Worldport would cripple UPS air operations.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I just have a feeling. It's not 1997 anymore. This rebublican/anti union country we live in will kill us in the press if we do. The powers that be won't let it happen.

That's where I disagree. Country is not republican. All major cities are Democratic. That is the reason the same morons are elected. Time and time again. The non working work force -works real hard at not working. Also, all major courts are controlled by Democratic backed judges. This is why any repeal of the health care. Will fail. No matter who is president next. The reason why as a nation. We lost our morals. Without following a God. People have nothing to make them stop doing what they shouldn't. No guidelines. Conscience and consequences

3 done 3 to go

As for the union it has sold our souls. To the democrat party. It's all about money for a union to even exist. I vote for who I want. Not who the union tells me too. I have my own feelings and morals I follow. If I'm wrong. I have big shoulders. I can take it. And, admit I'm wrong. So far politically I'm not

3 done 3 to go

I also believe all polical parties are corrupt. Even the tea party. No one should be allowed to serve any longer than 2 terms. Keep new ideas flowing. Not stale old politics. I will vote for any one that is NOT a democrat. If not they have to make an impression some how.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You people who are voting no on your sup/rider because of the master need to get over yourselves. The master will never change, no matter what you do. I didn't like the master, but the majority of our union wanted it, so its what it is.

ezmoney5150

As for the union it has sold our souls. To the democrat party. It's all about money for a union to even exist. I vote for who I want. Not who the union tells me too. I have my own feelings and morals I follow. If I'm wrong. I have big shoulders. I can take it. And, admit I'm wrong. So far politically I'm not
Spoken like someone who spends his time on everything but politics. The repubs don't believe unions should exist and you vote for them. You sound like some Jewish folks that voted for Hitler. They said that antisemitism is just rhetoric. I'm pulling the lever for Hitler.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ezmoney5150

Well the healthcare and article 17 are dead issues so who knows other than they can

Article 17 is in the central region, which has passed. Healthcare is covered in the National Master, which again has passed. So anyone voting no for those reasons. Is showing their ignorance.

Stonefish

Article 17 is in the central region, which has passed. Healthcare is covered in the National Master, which again has passed. So anyone voting no for those reasons. Is showing their ignorance.
I understand those things won't change but you asked I answered.
I hope it passes this time.

3 done 3 to go

Spoken like someone who spends his time on everything but politics. The repubs don't believe unions should exist and you vote for them. You sound like some Jewish folks that voted for Hitler. They said that antisemitism is just rhetoric. I'm pulling the lever for Hitler.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atheism the belief in nothing. Time well spent. You can vote for whom ever you want. Vote democrat you are a follower. Easier to let some one else do it. I could have thought of a more fitting analogy myself. I just don't exaggerate. Drama queen

QKRSTKR

The "strike vote" is a strike authorization vote only. It simply gives the National Negotiating Committee the option to strike.

Per the IBT Constitution, if a strike authorization vote fails and a supplement vote also fails the supplemental agreement can then be imposed. Quite frankly, I don't think many people know what will happen if a strike authorization is approved and the supplement also shot down. The rumor is that if any strike action takes place, picket lines won't be sanctioned beyond the affected areas. That's probably one of the big reasons why we haven't heard of a second vote out of Local 89 -- the company can move/divert work around Ohio and Pennsylvania but shutting down Worldport would cripple UPS air operations.
And that's why Ohio rider being sent back out now and business agents unanimously supporting it. Get everything else passed then they'll take care of world port . We get screwed out of any improvements. Just vote yes they say. I can guarantee you the Louisville rider won't be sent back out without any changes.