3rd Vote

Stonefish

And that's why Ohio rider being sent back out now and business agents unanimously supporting it. Get everything else passed then they'll take care of world port . We get screwed out of any improvements. Just vote yes they say. I can guarantee you the Louisville rider won't be sent back out without any changes.
Neither will Ohio. Stick to duck hunting

QKRSTKR

I'd hunt year round if I could. Maybe we could change Ohio rider to include a 90 day duck season instead of 60 day. I'd vote yes then. Oh, 3 more weeks vacation also. (To hunt).

QKRSTKR

It's just like chess. Pawns get whacked first. Ohio is a pawn to teamsters. We give you Ohio, you give us Louisville.

That's where I disagree. Country is not republican. All major cities are Democratic. That is the reason the same morons are elected. Time and time again. The non working work force -works real hard at not working. Also, all major courts are controlled by Democratic backed judges. This is why any repeal of the health care. Will fail. No matter who is president next. The reason why as a nation. We lost our morals. Without following a God. People have nothing to make them stop doing what they shouldn't. No guidelines. Conscience and consequences
We can agree to disagree. I've been around long enough to see the trend. I know I'm right.

C

chuchu

so whats going to happen after this 3rd vote. i am hearing different things.

1. strike vote is next. and looks like they will vote for a strike.
2. no strike. i hear that hoffa and hall will only have Ohio and Pennsylvania strike and not the rest of us.

isnt the third vote supposed to be a strike vote? can hoffa and hall tell only those two states to strike while the rest of the country works? what message does that send to ups if only those locals strike while the rest of us keep working? the union will fall apart, thats why we have a "union" to be united.

what are we all going to do.

if we do strike will the master get rewritten? thats what i really want anyway. my local passed the second vote. that makes me sick. all that i hear is that everyone wants their back pay. for some of them its just going to be a few dollars. to me its not worth it, all of the stuff that we are giving up only for a few pennies for a back pay check. in my opinion we lost a lot in medical and pension, i could care less about the raise. in this time and economy our benefits out weight the pay. especially since there is talk about the minimum wage increasing to $10 an hour. i think that we all work way harder then 3 times the minimum wage.

just my thoughts. please leave your read back and opinions positive or negative. i think that we all desirve more then what we are offered and getting. ups and the union leaders are all making too much out of this contract.

-just a tired and grumpy driver.
FYI: Neither Hoffa nor Hall are going to "tell" us to strike.

QKRSTKR

Now your talking my language. It's curious how so many love duck dynasty. I can't stand it and lost about all respect for those guys as waterfowlers. I've had their calls for years though, well before the show and all work well. Classic commander, Jase's duck picker, and the triple threat. Many a duck have been fooled by them.

C

chuchu

Now your talking my language. It's curious how so many love duck dynasty. I can't stand it and lost about all respect for those guys as waterfowlers. I've had their calls for years though, well before the show and all work well. Classic commander, Jase's duck picker, and the triple threat. Many a duck have been fooled by them.
OK, OK. Enough about calling ducks and spelling Ohio already! Geesh.

Let's get back to fighting over the contract.;)

And that's why Ohio rider being sent back out now and business agents unanimously supporting it. Get everything else passed then they'll take care of world port . We get screwed out of any improvements. Just vote yes they say. I can guarantee you the Louisville rider won't be sent back out without any changes.

OK, OK. Enough about calling ducks and spelling Ohio already! Geesh.

Let's get back to fighting over the contract.;)

Agreed. We are all on the same side here. Or at least I hope so.

Sent using BrownCafe App

C

chuchu

You people who are voting no on your sup/rider because of the master need to get over yourselves. The master will never change, no matter what you do. I didn't like the master, but the majority of our union wanted it, so its what it is.
Maybe "we" need to respect others rights and omit telling other members to "get over it". You can have your opinion but to condemn others for wanting to stand up for changing language that didn't get fixed in the National and Central is short sighted and disrespectful IMO.

This isn't the USSR.... yet. We'll vote how we want to vote and everyone else can "get over it".

PS: the majority of the state of Ohio voters voted their supplement down.
If you aren't from Ohio or a local that their supplement isn't settled maybe you can patiently and respectfully wait until others issues are heard and addressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stonefish

Maybe "we" need to respect others rights and omit telling other members to "get over it". You can have your opinion but to condemn others for wanting to stand up for changing language that didn't get fixed in the National and Central is short sighted and disrespectful IMO.

This isn't the USSR.... yet. We'll vote how we want to vote and everyone else can "get over it".

If you aren't from Ohio or a local that their supplement isn't settled maybe you can patiently and respectfully wait until others issues are heard and addressed.
Instant gratification is what some call it

QKRSTKR

Good post.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's where I disagree. Country is not republican. All major cities are Democratic. That is the reason the same morons are elected. Time and time again. The non working work force -works real hard at not working. Also, all major courts are controlled by Democratic backed judges. This is why any repeal of the health care. Will fail. No matter who is president next. The reason why as a nation. We lost our morals. Without following a God. People have nothing to make them stop doing what they shouldn't. No guidelines. Conscience and consequences
God has nothing to do with it. I believe in nothing but fear the legal ramifications. Believing doesn't suddenly make a bad person good. Same as not believing doesn't make a good person suddenly bad.