3rd Vote

ezmoney5150

Talk sense. We're not talking about Walmart or being a patron saint.

I respect that you want to stand up for the "less fortunate" nobody at ups has it so bad. Where else in the US can a worker get healthcare and pay nothing out of his/her paycheck? Hmmmmm. Can't think of anywhere. That's why I used Wal Mart as an example. Now theres a place workers are being mistreated. Take a stand for them. I have.

Sent using BrownCafe App

C

chuchu

So you're the co worker patron saint. People at ups are a far cry from Wal Mart workers. You should be telling Wal Mart workers to vote no. Oh yeah they don't have a contract.

Sent using BrownCafe App

If you're going to drive in circles do not include me in the ride.

You don't have to demean others posts just because you want to pass the rider. And yes, you're demeaning.

Don't bother telling me how you stand up for Walmart employees when you don't support your own coworkers, or should I say members.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chuchu

I'm not demeaning anyone's post. I'm trying to talk sense to you and others and you can't tell me what in the Ohio Rider you don't like. And don't say healthcare. It would be illegal to open the National Master to change it so get over it. Move on.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Its very evident what's in and not in the Rider. We're going in circles again and it's not worth the effort responding.

TDU has nothing to do with our issues.
That always seems to be the visa card to defame members that don't agree with union issues. Go fish.

And while you're talking about healthcare: most of the people we talk to would rather pay a weekly co pay amount to keep the insurance plan we have than to be in the "enhanced" TeamCare program.
Hmm, I wonder why that is?

ezmoney5150

If you're going to drive in circles do not include me in the ride.

You don't have to demean others posts just because you want to pass the rider. And yes, you're demeaning.

Don't bother telling me how you stand up for Walmart employees when you don't support your own coworkers, or should I say members.

Wow. You're mad. I don't feel I'm demeaning. Sarcastic? Yes. its a UPS trait. I've been out there protesting the treatment of Wal Mart employees. Have you? I'd guess not.

I stand up for UPS people every day. I've been a Steward for 11 years. Are you? Put your name on a ballot then you can say you stand up for members.

I hope I'm not being demeaning.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ezmoney5150

Its very evident what's in and not in the Rider. We're going in circles again and it's not worth the effort responding.

That always seems to be the visa card to defame members that don't agree with union issues. Go fish.

And while you're talking about healthcare: most of the people we talk to would rather pay a weekly co pay amount to keep the insurance plan we have than to be in the "enhanced" TeamCare program.
If they'd rather pay then tell them to ask what mgt. Pays and see if they don't change their mind.

I don't know and don't care if you're tdu or not. I'm just telling you I've been on both side of that fence and saw tdu lie to me. That's why I lost all respect for them.

Sent using BrownCafe App

C

chuchu

Yes you do have the right. Intellectually it makes you look weak.

Sent using BrownCafe App
So you're the co worker patron saint. People at ups are a far cry from Wal Mart workers. You should be telling Wal Mart workers to vote no. Oh yeah they don't have a contract.

Sent using BrownCafe App
It has nothing to do with Hoffa. Its called common sense. Which obviously isn't a virtue in southern Ohio. People would kill to work at UPS with a contract, good wages, no out of pocket premium healthcare, etc. And its not good enough for you guys. Obviously the heat last summer was too much for the brains in southern Ohio.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yeah, you're demeaning. Read your own posts.

The Rider may pass this time. Maybe not. But no matter what happens I know two things will always be true:

1) You and I are and should be on the same team, fighting for the best contracts for all members.

2) Should always be respectful towards our fellow members no matter what the issue at hand is and whether or not we agree.
Peace.

PS/ We're not in management. I don't care what they pay. They aren't having knees and hips replaced, and shoulder surgeries like we are. We also don't live in India, Haiti or other destitute places. We work for a company that nets over 5 billion annually and our bodies pay for that chunk of change. Thx for listening.

ezmoney5150

Yeah, you're demeaning. Read your own posts.

The Rider may pass this time. Maybe not. But no matter what happens I know two things will always be true:

1) You and I are and should be on the same team, fighting for the best contracts for all members.

2) Should always be respectful towards our fellow members no matter what the issue at hand is and whether or not we agree.
Peace.

PS/ We're not in management. I don't care what they pay. They aren't having knees and hips replaced, and shoulder surgeries like we are. We also don't live in India, Haiti or other destitute places. We work for a company that nets over 5 billion annually and our bodies pay for that chunk of change. Thx for listening.
1. This is a good contract. Prefect? No. Haven't had one yet.

2. You call sarcasm demeaning. Thick skin is a must in this industry. Put your big boy pants on and accept some criticism. You took a stand, which is admirable, now deal with the blowback. That's what happens in debates.

3. Yes I know were not in mgt but they pay a premium co pay. For the plan you want to stay in. In the contract proposal meetings it was overwhelming that the members didn't want to pay a premium co pay and the IBT got it done. Now you want to complain. What gives. Not that matters. Like I said. That train has left the station.

Sent using BrownCafe App

C

chuchu

1. This is a good contract. Prefect? No. Haven't had one yet.

2. You call sarcasm demeaning. Thick skin is a must in this industry. Put your big boy pants on and accept some criticism. You took a stand, which is admirable, now deal with the blowback. That's what happens in debates.

3. Yes I know were not in mgt but they pay a premium co pay. For the plan you want to stay in. In the contract proposal meetings it was overwhelming that the members didn't want to pay a premium co pay and the IBT got it done. Now you want to complain. What gives. Not that matters. Like I said. That train has left the station.

Sent using BrownCafe App
No one in our local wanted to change to TeamCare and we didn't put "no premiums" on our list of contract proposals.
Our big boy pants are on. Don't you worry about that.

"Good" contract compared to a great contract that could/should have been given the company's record profits.

A student getting straight As settles for for Bs and Cs is a good comparison to this negotiated contract.

ezmoney5150

No one in our local wanted to change to TeamCare and we didn't put "no premiums" on our list of contract proposals.
Our big boy pants are on. Don't you worry about that.
So all these other locals didnt want premium co pays but yours was a-ok with paying premium co pays. Now there's an anomaly.

Sent using BrownCafe App

C

chuchu

So all these other locals didnt want premium co pays but yours was a-ok with paying premium co pays. Now there's an anomaly.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I dont speak for or about anyone else's
contract proposals. Don't call me a liar or put words in my mouth.

ezmoney5150

I dont speak for or about anyone else's
contract proposals. Don't call me a liar or put words in my mouth.
I didn't call you a liar or infer that. You made a statement I rebutted it. You took a stand with your position on the Ohio Rider. Don't get mad when people question your motives. Nobody forced you to take a stand and make your position known on here.

Sent using BrownCafe App

C

chuchu

I didn't call you a liar or infer that. You made a statement I rebutted it. You took a stand with your position on the Ohio Rider. Don't get mad when people question your motives. Nobody forced you to take a stand and make your position known on here.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'm not mad that you question "my motives". I'm not going to feed into your insinuations and play verbal ping pong any further with you because it's a waste of time.
You think this TA is good. Great.
Enjoy your retro check when it comes.

ezmoney5150

I'm not mad that you question "my motives". I'm not going to feed into your insinuations and play verbal ping pong any further with you because it's a waste of time.
You think this TA is good. Great.
Enjoy your retro check when it comes.
Its not "verbal ping pong" its a a debate on ideas. Ideas on how to better ourselves in our workplace. Make a good argument on why to vote no on the Ohio Rider and I might just agree. Healthcare is not a good reason to vote no because its not in the Ohio Rider. I'm trying to understand your no vote motive that's all.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Why don't you put the amount that you would pay for a copay, and put that money aside, then if not used, it is free money for you, not Teamcare. Sounds like a win/break even situation.

Lets look into this a bit further.
PT makes 20 hours x .70 = $14/week
Pay for insurance $10/week minimum
Total pay increase $4/week maximum or $.20/hour

So you would rather pay a guaranteed copay instead of a usage payment. Interesting. Insurance is always weighted for the insurance company to make the money, not you.

C

chuchu

Why don't you put the amount that you would pay for a copay, and put that money aside, then if not used, it is free money for you, not Teamcare. Sounds like a win/break even situation.

Lets look into this a bit further.
PT makes 20 hours x .70 = $14/week
Pay for insurance $10/week minimum
Total pay increase $4/week maximum or $.20/hour

So you would rather pay a guaranteed copay instead of a usage payment. Interesting. Insurance is always weighted for the insurance company to make the money, not you.
When comparing TeamCare to the plan we presently have, I (and thousands of others in the same plan) would pay the copay in a heartbeat.
Those plans aren't apples for apples and we have no recourse if our plan is "unenhanced" back to the original base plan.

I agree with you about putting money aside. We'll probably need it.

upschuck

When comparing TeamCare to the plan we presently have, I (and thousands of others in the same plan) would pay the copay in a heartbeat.
Those plans aren't apples for apples and we have no recourse if our plan is "unenhanced" back to the original base plan.
Keep that copay you want to pay in a separate area, and you will come out ahead in the end when you don't spend that amount. Insurance companies make profits from its participants by having more receipts than outlays.

Stonefish

I will say this people say they would take a weekly premium co pay... Until they have to pay it. Lat contract people said we don't care about raises just protect our pension. Well they took care of the pension issue and still got $4 raises and people were upset and said they got screwed on the split raises. When everyone is in TeamCare I think most people will be happy with it. There are things in TeamCare that the company plan doesn't offer. The reality of the situation is we will be in the plan

C

chuchu

I will say this people say they would take a weekly premium co pay... Until they have to pay it. Lat contract people said we don't care about raises just protect our pension. Well they took care of the pension issue and still got $4 raises and people were upset and said they got screwed on the split raises. When everyone is in TeamCare I think most people will be happy with it. There are things in TeamCare that the company plan doesn't offer. The reality of the situation is we will be in the plan
Well said. You don't get if you don't ask. And for the moment we're in ask mode. You gotta give credit where it's due. :)
FYI: I would pay a premium (depending on what it is) no problem.
We have excellent benefits now. It isn't about not paying premiums as much as it is the value of what you're getting in return, IMO.
We're still Teamsters and we fight for better elements in life.