3rd Vote

O/C

Here is one for you, the Ohio Rider failed the last two times because the master contract and central was concessionary. It has nothing to do with what health coverage we would be under, frankly I would trust the union more than the company. The real problem is we don't trust the union, the way they handled this whole contract, just too many language loopholes with funding the plan.

Also consider the apathy with the voting percentages, most of us who were hardcore union have given in, they quit asking questions or understanding what they were voting for. There sure is a lot of "sheep mentality" out there, go on vote your conscience just hold your nose when when you sell your brothers down the river. After all it's your money and you damn well deserve it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Well said. You don't get if you don't ask. And for the moment we're in ask mode. You gotta give credit where it's due:)
We have had these conversations. I agree with you that if you don't ask you don't get. I have to do that at home all the time. I don't think anyone anticipate the proposal the company threw out there on the health care to have a proposal that dealt with it on opening day so the union had to come up with a solution that they felt best benefited everyone involved. TeamCare was the answer. We are past that point. You know I respect your right to your opinion and I know you respect mine whether we agree with each other or not. Just like I looked at your point of view I would ask you to look at mine and decide what do you think the negative reaction (customers & jobs) will be at some point if we don't get this resolved. Take out personalities of people we have discussed and the people that might be disappointed with the way it was handled and look at the situation we are in. In some areas where full-time employees get laid off they can bump one or two part-time employees. Those employees don't receive their full rate for being inside the building and they are working two shifts. Now the two part-time employees they bump get laid off they are not receiving pay or any other benefits they would be under the CBA. So how did this fight help them??
BTW please tell Bubblehead to take it easy on my grammar because I put it all together. I'm in a hurry :)

You know what I am saying by all this. Right????????????????????

Stonefish

Well said. You don't get if you don't ask. And for the moment we're in ask mode. You gotta give credit where it's due:)
We have had these conversations. I agree with you that if you don't ask you don't get. I have to do that at home all the time. I don't think anyone anticipate the proposal the company threw out there on the health care to have a proposal that dealt with it on opening day so the union had to come up with a solution that they felt best benefited everyone involved. TeamCare was the answer. We are past that point. You know I respect your right to your opinion and I know you respect mine whether we agree with each other or not. Just like I looked at your point of view I would ask you to look at mine and decide what do you think the negative reaction (customers & jobs) will be at some point if we don't get this resolved. Take out personalities of people we have discussed and the people that might be disappointed with the way it was handled and look at the situation we are in. In some areas where full-time employees get laid off they can bump one or two part-time employees. Those employees don't receive their full rate for being inside the building and they are working two shifts. Now the two part-time employees they bump get laid off they are not receiving pay or any other benefits they would be under the CBA. So how did this fight help them??
BTW please tell Bubblehead to take it easy on my grammar because I put it all together. I'm in a hurry :)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

You can say that again?
Actually, once was more than enough.
I don't know why you're in such a hurry, it seems that you have a pretty flexible schedule?

ezmoney5150

Well said. You don't get if you don't ask. And for the moment we're in ask mode. You gotta give credit where it's due. :)
FYI: I would pay a premium (depending on what it is) no problem.

$90 a week? Thats what UPS wanted originally to stay in the plan that you want to stay in.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
$90 a week? Thats what UPS wanted originally to stay in the plan that you want to stay in.
Ups can want whatever. Doesn't really matter. That's why we have a union and negotiations. $10-$20 a week would of been a realistic number.

It comes down to the fact that both the union and the company urinated themselves when amazon threatened to pull.

Do I think we should strike all the time no but to come out ahead there at least needs to be a realistic threat.

Stonefish

You can say that again?
Actually, once was more than enough.
I don't know why you're in such a hurry, it seems that you have a pretty flexible schedule?
Must have hit the button twice. Sorry Sir Perfect :)
And no I don't have a flexible schedule. I wish I did but.....
Keep fishing

ezmoney5150

Ups can want whatever. Doesn't really matter. That's why we have a union and negotiations. $10-$20 a week would of been a realistic number.

It comes down to the fact that both the union and the company urinated themselves when amazon threatened to pull.

Do I think we should strike all the time no but to come out ahead there at least needs to be a realistic threat.
You can armchair quarterback all you want about premium co pay. The fact of the matter is an overwhelming number of Teamsters wanted no premium co pays and the IBT got it. Now people are complaining.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Inthegame

I'm not going to feed into your insinuations and play verbal ping pong any further.
Methinks once a keyboard becomes ones paddle "written ping pong" would be the more appropriate word choice. But hey, maybe that's how we should settle the Ohio Rider...Art 1 serving...

snookbunny420

Yes you do have the right. Intellectually it makes you look weak.

Sent using BrownCafe App
because i don't agree with a switch to teamcare, or four year progression.oh and by the way where are the 22.3's? now why did you vote yes, because you drank some koolaid? or are you weak

snookbunny420

okay ez money, we in ohio will carve out our own health plan and you can settle for teamcare, and go ahead and use you're retro check to have a teamcare doctor help you remove you're head from ...

C

chuchu

Makes sense. We'll see how it turns out.

ezmoney5150

because i don't agree with a switch to teamcare, or four year progression.oh and by the way where are the 22.3's? now why did you vote yes, because you drank some koolaid? or are you weak
Uhhhhhh! I got a pay raise. Raise in my pension, lowered my deduction on my healthcare and pharmaceuticals. That's pretty good. Are there some things I don't like? Sure. The good outweighs the bad.

C

chuchu

Uhhhhhh! I got a pay raise. Raise in my pension, lowered my deduction on my healthcare and pharmaceuticals. That's pretty good. Are there some things I don't like? Sure. The good outweighs the bad.
For you. But that's all that matters.