4 days to go

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Purplepackage, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Only 4 days to go and then fedex will shut down express and Amazon will be flying jets through the sky. And of course lazership will have ground and ups out of buisness.

Merry Christmas

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

You guys working today?

3. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

Xpress is running today. not me since I already put in 6 days this week.

4. Purplepackage

We have 5 guys working today doing about 200 resis according to our senior.

Yesterday we ran a full sort, did about 100 stops that I hope will take the edge off of Monday even though I know it won't.

The last 6 days before Christmas is basically hell week for express, Amazon stops shipping ground and only ships air and we get crushed everyday

5. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

Slacker. Where's the team spirit? DOT ShmeOT.

6. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

I don't think anybody at my station is working today. Yesterday we took everything out that we had (did a double-sort because the ramp didn't get the memo?) so hopefully Monday's a little better. I did 84 stops driving around in mashed-potato snow all day.

I tell ya, you haven't lived until you have Tokyo-drifted a W700.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Purplepackage

My manager sent a group text to a couple of us who are dot asking if we would rather work Sunday than saturday, yeah I don't think so lol

8. Purplepackage

no you haven't lived until you drive a reach in a dusting of snow lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

Been there, done that. My last route was a rural route with a 630 and it was awful. Corrugated dirt roads, snow, mud...

Although the Sprinter was better for driving out there, it was even worse if the traction was bad. Once the ASR system kicks in, you're hosed.

10. Purplepackage

i prefer the w700 over any truck but for rural stuff im glad the changed over to mostly sprinters, at least those have a suspension that won't kill your back

11. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

Totally. Only real complaint I had about the Sprinters was the traction nanny system and the occasional side door that wouldn't open (or would open when you drove away from a stop).

The lone W900 in our station is my favorite in the stable. Comfiest ride and plenty of turbo to get it going. Plus, chicks dig the W900, right?

12. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

...just probably not the kind that anyone would ever want to date

13. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

Love my newer 900 less than 40k miles on her. But it sure doesn't turn like the old 700's or the old 900's

14. OrioN

OrioN Active Member

About 40 HD drivers are out working on a Sunday in my hub... yikes!

15. outtatime

outtatime Active Member

That's why I love the Dodge Sprinters, you can disable the traction control and actually get going in snow. Plus having a radio doesn't hurt either. They do ride a little rougher being a dually and heavier duty suspension but I'll take the trade-off.

16. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Active Member

Dodge Sprinters with radios and duals???? Sounds like someone pimped your ride.

17. outtatime

outtatime Active Member

Yep, the Mercedes ones are single rear wheel and the Dodge ones are duals with factory radios/CD players!!

18. Purplepackage

I've been driving one the isuzus (we call them a reach but I don't know if that's just specific to my station) since peak started and it's like those things have no suspension at all. Even just cruising through nice developments every bump shakes the entire truck.

Good thing I'm running a split resi overflow route, guaranteed to be busting my ass this week

19. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

Weird. None of the Dodge Sprinters that we had were duals or had radios. I think all of our Dodges are all gone now, we only have the Mercs.

20. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

Yup, the Isuzu Reach aka 630 (although I don't think I've seen 630 indicated anywhere on the truck). God how I hate those trucks. Totally gutless and near impossible to accelerate across a busy street.