4 drivers hired off the street

bluehdmc

Where I am they hire Feeder drivers off the street, we use classification seniority for job picks. (Yes that argument can be for another time.) If they hire different than the ratio the feeder seniority list will have spaces for the drivers out of package or transfers to dovetail into.

You could ask a steward to look into.

T

Turdferguson

Ok but what could a grievance do? Lol
Move you into one of the full time job that you wanted. You can ask for anything you want in the restitution part of the grievance. Doesn't mean you will get it.
Once when I was part time we had a part time box line sup come up to the sort aisle to scream and berate everyone in the sort aisle he pretty much made a butt out of himself. I filed a grievance demanding a public apology from that pt sup. The full time sup at the grievance hearing ripped the pt sup a new one in front of me, and the union steward at the time so bad the part time sup stomped red faced out of the meeting. The full time sup looked over at me and asked " Is that good enough for you " I replied "yes" grievance was withdrawn . Ask for what you want for.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
Im afraid that ill be burning bridges
Move you into one of the full time job that you wanted. You can ask for anything you want in the restitution part of the grievance. Doesn't mean you will get it.
Once when I was part time we had a part time box line sup come up to the sort aisle to scream and berate everyone in the sort aisle he pretty much made a butt out of himself. I filed a grievance demanding a public apology from that pt sup. The full time sup at the grievance hearing ripped the pt sup a new one in front of me, and the union steward at the time so bad the part time sup stomped red faced out of the meeting. The full time sup looked over at me and asked " Is that good enough for you " I replied "yes" grievance was withdrawn . Ask for what you want for.
Your not burning bridges, your standing up for yourself. If you were the 7th to sign with 4 jobs available, you might not get the job but if you file and your senior guys (or girls) move up, your that much closer next time. Someone needs to file, be the man.

root

Calm down, i'll handle it
They can hire 4 off the street if they want to.
Now don't they need to hire 24 insiders?

Lol! Reminds me of a former steward whose favorite saying was " they can do that", lol, but doesn't that mean the next ones in line are ALL from the inside? ?!!