4 Foot Rule

Brain Genocide

My driver got a text when weather got bad today. Some areas had snow, others were getting rain. Text was a reminder
about being safe, and also to watch? do? follow? the 4 foot rule.

What is that????

barnyard

KTM rider
Park with at least 4 feet of space around the package car. If the road is icy and has a crown, it is possible to slide a bit sideways. Park too close to something and it is possible to slide into that thing. Happens somewhere in the state at least once a year.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Park with at least 4 feet of space around the package car. If the road is icy and has a crown, it is possible to slide a bit sideways. Park too close to something and it is possible to slide into that thing. Happens somewhere in the state at least once a year.

Stopped last winter on a very rural road (no traffic at all), in the middle of the road, sat for a few seconds before I got up, got the package, got out and turned around to see the truck sliding down the road! Talk about heart attack! Jumped back in and EC'd the stop.:surprised:

barnyard

KTM rider
A couple of years ago, a PTer in another center was asked to cover drive for peak. He declined as he knew there was going to be 2 FT bids hung in the spring in his building. The building manager talked him into covering.

A week into the season, we got 3 inches of heavy, wet, wet snow. He stopped near a dumpster, delivered, got back in, took off and the rear of the car slid into the dumpster. I do not know if he was DQed from the bid, it would not surprise me, on the one hand, but on the other, he told them that he did not want to cover peak, because he was afraid of that very thing.

My driver got a text when weather got bad today. Some areas had snow, others were getting rain. Text was a reminder
about being safe, and also to watch? do? follow? the 4 foot rule.

What is that????
get at least four feet from the house so you can deliver all your :censored2: and not have missed packages. Back back back

iruhnman630

And yet we have to park our cars less than 3 inches apart when we get back to the building every night....
In our building, when two newer cars with the mirrors that do not fold to the front and out of the way are parked next to each other, you are lucky if you have a half-inch clearance between those mirrors.

Gotta love white-knuckle parking at the end of a long day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There are stops on my route where I literally have to use the truck as a giant tree pruner in order to get up the driveway and back out. By the end of the day, the gap between the top of my hood and my windshield is full of apples, branches, leaves, pinecones, and other assorted debris that I wind up knocking out or breaking off of trees. 4 feet my ass.

Brain Genocide

Our apples and other fruits are gone, but daily tree pruning with the truck continues. Being in the jump seat can be a little harardous,

There are stops on my route where I literally have to use the truck as a giant tree pruner in order to get up the driveway and back out. By the end of the day, the gap between the top of my hood and my windshield is full of apples, branches, leaves, pinecones, and other assorted debris that I wind up knocking out or breaking off of trees. 4 feet my ass.