4 year progression?!?!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I don't think anyone on progression is working for free. You are making 40 to 50 grand and also getting health care and pension credits, can buy company stock and invest in the 401K.

anonymous4

It's always the same characters defending concessions, pointing out the silver lining on clear give backs to the company, during a surprisingly prosperous time. Keeping in mind all of this talk is assumption half fact-less, some of you are dubious characters and have a mediocre sense of self-worth.

Inthegame

It's always the same characters defending concessions, pointing out the silver lining on clear give backs to the company, during a surprisingly prosperous time. Keeping in mind all of this talk is assumption half fact-less, some of you are dubious characters and have a mediocre sense of self-worth.
Don't be so hard on yourself...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The Teamsters have CAVED IN on progression. This "SELLOUT" of our part timers is the second contract in a row where the Union conceded to the company's demands for extending progression. This ISNT a victory! I don't care if the company wanted a hundred years, what happened to the tough talk in the beginning of negotiations? Why is hall and Hoffa so weak, that they are giving up something so important as progression? They say they are protecting part timers, but so far, in two contracts, part timers have lost money by having to work longer to make top pay. Now, all NEW full time drivers will have to work 4 years in order to make top pay. This saves the COMPANY money, and takes it right out of the part timers pockets! THIS ISNT A VICTORY.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I think it is more like "a mediocre sense of your self-worth."

gdptks

Could you answer me why someone is changing my timecard after I clock in and out. I work to positions and have to be coded differently. But someone is changing my times??? I'm new and don't know who I can trust.

stink219

Could you answer me why someone is changing my timecard after I clock in and out. I work to positions and have to be coded differently. But someone is changing my times??? I'm new and don't know who I can trust.
Need a little more info. Changing of your time card is illegal. Give a few examples. What time do you punch in and out? What does your time card reflect? Do you know who your steward or BA are?

Dnking

FireFalcon
Like they said above, be glad it wasn't 5-6 years, which they'll get next time. $36+ an hour and all that's required is an operators licence, pass a DOT psychical, and move boxes from here to there is pretty good gig. Not forgetting fully paid insurance health, up to 8 weeks paid off, and pension.

View attachment 9026

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that your full-time?

804brown

Wrong. There is an avenue to not have a 4 year progression. So wait and see. Don't be so quick to make assumptions. Believe or not, there is a few people on here that get real info WAY before TDU posts their assumptions.

Some of us are "quick to make assumptions" when our "leadership" keeps us in the dark!! But you say wait, it gets better. Wait its not as bad as IT LOOKS. Great, more hoops people have to go through. Still a regressive concession at a time when we should have the upper hand!!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Even if you're part time, after one year when UPS starts chucking in money for your bene's and pension you make close to 25 an hour. Please tell me how this is inferior to any other PT job.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
And what are you guys talking about....better then the two tier?
During the last contract, there was talk of lowering the full time wage to 25 an hour. That would mean you'd have older drivers (pre 2008) making 32 an hour (or whatever it would be after raises and COLA) vs. drivers after 2008 making 25 an hour hence 2 tiers of wages...thank ehhffing God that didn't come about.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
During the last contract, there was talk of lowering the full time wage to 25 an hour. That would mean you'd have older drivers (pre 2008) making 32 an hour (or whatever it would be after raises and COLA) vs. drivers after 2008 making 25 an hour hence 2 tiers of wages...thank ehhffing God that didn't come about.

Its about to come about SORT. In the WEST, the likelihood is that "WE" will have to end up paying for insurance, and once we do, that is considered a PAYCUT. What part about that don't you understand?

Leadfarmer153

That would've be awful. I was around in 08 but still a newbie. Didn't pay attention to the last contract.