4 year progression

browned out

My hub has over a 15 year wait, I'm a 2.5 year cover driver at 14.5 years part time. I also have found nothing in my supplement saying years at cover or air would drop anything off of the 4 year progression, so that's about 20 years here until top out...

It took about 10 years to become full time in our hub back in the 80's and 90's. I am sure it is not uncommon now to have to wait at least that long.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
How much does a 15 year par timer make an hour?? Humor me

Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $18.00-22.00/hr. But we've got part-timers on other sorts getting their 3.5 gurantee or just a hair more and getting kicked off the clock. 17.5 hours week x $21/hr = $367.50 gross.

That hourly rate doesn't mean much when you're barely getting any hours. Back when you guys were PT and when I was first hired in the early 2000's, it was all you could eat and I had to turn double shifts down. Since '07/'08, districts have absolutely cut hub hour/OT allowances to shreds outside of peak and try to shove more cardboard out the door during the sort in less time than ever before.

We had a package car bid recently and the least senior guy had at least 18 or 19 years under his belt. I work with a 16 year and a 17 year guy that managed to slide in as cover drivers. Our building's management internal estimate is 12-15 years; I saw this on a dry erase board after the division manager had a "retention meeting" before the sort while I was in the office.

Sorry Stink and 407, but there's no defending a four year progression. This was a major concession -- during an era of record profits, no less -- and one of the sticking points in how I voted.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The progression is a year longer but the last year the driver will be making 25 an hour with pension and healthcare. Not as good as full rate but hardly poverty level. Plus all the overtime you want.

stink219

The progression is a year longer but the last year the driver will be making 25 an hour with pension and healthcare. Not as good as full rate but hardly poverty level. Plus all the overtime you want.
Plus a $2.65 per hour increase in starting pay. So from $16.10 to $18.75.
I new hire that worked 9.5 everyday to start last contract averaged $844 per week now in this new contract will be $961.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

If they were pulling people from the hub after a year or two to drive I would say fine, but that is not the case in 90% of the hubs..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can you imagine the reaction when they add another year to the progression and lower the top out to $25/hr in 2018?