4 Year Progression

Addison Feeder Driver

There are many drivers that were hired as seasonal before the last contract expired. They were kept as seasonal until after August 1st 2013. So even though they were driving for UPS under the 3 year progression now theyre forced to take $24/hr after 3 years instead of the $34.95 they should be earning. So this contract proposal is giving any drivers hired in the last 18 months, which is seveeal hundred, a $10.95 pay cut after 3rd year. What kind of union pushes a pay cut to their members?? Talk about piss poor leadership.

Addison Feeder Driver

OK but everybody hired between August 1st 2013 and November 2014 in 710 were hired under the extension of the old contract. So they should follow the progression of the old contract.
My other issue is that in the smaller hubs such as Springfield and Decatur the part time work before being hired full time is counted towards progression. However in the larger hubs seasonal time isnt counted at all. The union says because those drivers are hired off the street. But its impossible to get into 710 feeder any other way than being hired off the street in the hubs that are split 705/710 which is Cach/Addison/Palatine/Northbrook/Jeff and others that make up 85% of 710.

CHALLY9TX

OK but everybody hired between August 1st 2013 and November 2014 in 710 were hired under the extension of the old contract. So they should follow the progression of the old contract.
My other issue is that in the smaller hubs such as Springfield and Decatur the part time work before being hired full time is counted towards progression. However in the larger hubs seasonal time isnt counted at all. The union says because those drivers are hired off the street. But its impossible to get into 710 feeder any other way than being hired off the street in the hubs that are split 705/710 which is Cach/Addison/Palatine/Northbrook/Jeff and others that make up 85% of 710.

New contract is retroactive. Part time to full time is very different than going from seasonal to full time.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When you're seasonal you are not under the old progression because seasonals don't have a progression. If your FT seniority date isn't prior to the neq contract date you're under the new contact conditions.

slantnosechevy

There are many drivers that were hired as seasonal before the last contract expired. They were kept as seasonal until after August 1st 2013. So even though they were driving for UPS under the 3 year progression now theyre forced to take $24/hr after 3 years instead of the $34.95 they should be earning. So this contract proposal is giving any drivers hired in the last 18 months, which is seveeal hundred, a $10.95 pay cut after 3rd year. What kind of union pushes a pay cut to their members?? Talk about piss poor leadership.

We get it. You went to the Hall and lost a grievance in front of the panel yesterday. A grievance based on your own interpretation of language that was formed for part-timers going into full time driving. Language that isn't even ratified. I can't believe they even heard it. You have a well seasoned steward in that bldg. and you didn't listen to him. You are off the street. Part-timers who have been waiting years for full time driving jobs should have an edge over you. Wage progression sucks. It is what it is. It's not going away. Maybe this contract gets voted down and you get it implemented. We will see. There's always FedEx.

Addison Feeder Driver

Wow, yoire such a clueless idiot. We dont have part timers that move into road feeder at Addison genius. It doesn't work that way at the hubs with split unions. Our drivers start as seasonal until full time jobs open amd wait just as long as part timers do for full time openings. All im saying is the language should apply to everybody. However youre too stupid to comprehend what Im saying. The business agent is the one who told me to file the grievance jackass.

HollandMan73

I was hired off the street for sleepers in Sept. 2014....we are under the 3 year progression since we were hired as sleeper drivers. That being said...after doing the math 3 yr vs 4 yr pay (3 years on sleepers) or 4 years in feeders I believe the pay came out about the same..but a more liveable paycheck week to week on the 4 year. I was actually thinking of jumping to the on call board and reverting to the 4 year progression.....we are only at 50% scale right now on the 3 year....you starve for 3 years to get to scale a year sooner....is it worth it?

Addison Feeder Driver

Youll starve on either progression. That was the #2 issue submitted by members after we shot the contract down. The 1st was health insurance. There were 2 ways the union could have improved the progression, either by better salaries during the progression, or they could get language putting drivers hired under the extension of the old contract under the old progression. They did either.
As far as sleepers go. I tried to get the union involved to see if the Minnesota work can be done with turns like Osseo and Black River Falls. Those runs pay much better than sleepers and youre home every night.

slantnosechevy

Wow, yoire such a clueless idiot. We dont have part timers that move into road feeder at Addison genius. It doesn't work that way at the hubs with split unions. Our drivers start as seasonal until full time jobs open amd wait just as long as part timers do for full time openings. All im saying is the language should apply to everybody. However youre too stupid to comprehend what Im saying. The business agent is the one who told me to file the grievance jackass.

It doesn't matter if you don't have part-timers. The language is for them. You are off the street. Live with it.
The business agent told you to file? You mean the one from Carhaul filling in? He told you to probably because you wouldn't listen to him either. Probably thought ok even I don't know UPS' contract entirely yet, but I do know this is a loser. So by all means go freakin' embarrass yourself.

boy-eating-bread-175pix.jpg

Inthegame

No he's not a clueless idiot at all. He reads Art 3 Sec B (which clearly pertains to seniority part timers, not seasonal employees) and understands the words. You wanting language doesn't make it magically appear and the union can only prevail on cases in which it can point to guiding language, not imagined desires.

Addison Feeder Driver

Can you R-E-A-D? Do I have to go slow for you?? I have friends on the negotiating committee who told me that the subject came up in the contract negotiations. They have notes of the conversation. We have drivers that have been seasonal for several years, just as long as your part timers have waited for job openings. None of you are from our district so youre commenting on a subject you know nothing about. Im trying to help fellow Teamsters while you guys just post idiotic comments.
After speaking with members of the negotiating committee I emailed the hall for clarification. Tony Lamie never returns calls but Dennis returned the call. He sat in the negotiations. He told me to file the grievance. The language according to him includes all coverage drivers. We have 0 part time drivers in Northern Illinois, at least in 710 work we dont, not at Cach, Addison, Palatine, Franklin, Jeff, Northbrook, or Bedford. The whole point was to find out if drivers that have been seasonal for several years can get credit. If the language doesnt support it. Which obviously it does not, and Dennis was mistaken. Then when the contract gets voted down again we can work to change the language. You dont want to wait 7 years to make full scale I imagine and hopefully you dont want fellow Teamsters to have to work 7 years to reach full scale. Whoever said going from part time to full time is a lot different than from seasonal to full time is wrong. Its the same thing exactly .

Addison Feeder Driver

The whole point of a union is unity and its called the Brotherhood pf Teamsters because we are in this together. So I dont know why some of you have this attitude to piss on other Teamsters and tell them to work for Fed Ex. Jumping to conclusions and using insults is immature and not appreciated.

Inthegame

The whole point of a union is unity and its called the Brotherhood pf Teamsters because we are in this together. So I dont know why some of you have this attitude to piss on other Teamsters and tell them to work for Fed Ex. Jumping to conclusions and using insults is immature and not appreciated.
Reread your posts and take a look in the mirror.

Addison Feeder Driver

The confusion here is I called the union to ask why we dont get credit for seasonal time. When they told me we should be getting credit for it I told them the language doesnt include seasonal it only says part time. They said it was understood by UPS to include seasonal. So I asked him if I file a grievance based on what he said we should get credit. He said yes file a grievance and ask for a response. So I agree with all of you when you say the language isnt there for seasonal. Thats why I filed the grievance to see if he was BS'ing. Its language that should be changed to include seasonal. Im glad part timers will get 12 months credit. They should get credit for all time worked befpre going full time towards progression.

HollandMan73

A.friend.D.....that would have been much nicer turning Osseo or Black River instead of running sleepers. I heard there was a grievance filed on the 550 mile minimum legs to and from Minn. not being met....any info on that? Thanks man