40 Days

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nystripe96, Jan 22, 2014.

1. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

So according to my calender I worked my 40th day today assuming holidays dating back to election day count towards my days? I started Sept 10th. No on car rides with management yet so I'm wondering if they even are keeping track. What happens now? Should I keep working as if nothing has changed or talk to my steward and and ask them to confirm I made book?

Sent using BrownCafe App
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

You should already have your stewards number in your phone. Call him.
  3. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Where in the name of James Casey did the phrase "made book" come from?
  4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

The book is off to the printers!
  6. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

If you were hired as a casual you should of been let go by now,,so I am assuming your a keeper !! Talk to your steward NOW !!!! sounds like your IN !! And don't worry, the EMPIRE has a record of everything...... Good Luck and report back !!
  7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I never heard that term used either. I always heard it referred to as gaining or obtaining seniority.
  8. You slid through the cracks my friend, just like I did. Pay attention to your pay stubs. That's how I found out I gained seniority. It was only off by a day or 2 from my keeping track on a calendar, so I didn't fuss, but if you're supposed to be qualified w/ seniority, & not up from $16.10 to 17.25, file a grievance. You will get back pay.
  9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Is it a New York thing?
  10. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

We make book in the 177.