400 Million Seconds of the best, and one second of not

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Last couple of weeks has seen a lot of bad weather. But when I went down the interstate, and saw a trailor on its side, with no snow on the road, clear conditions etc, it made me wonder what happened.

Come to find out, a 35 year safe driver took his eyes off the road for just one second to retrieve something, and went to far over to the side of the road, where he hit the pile of snow pushed off by the plows. The resulting impact caused several broken bones, and some internal damage to the driver, who has recovered. The cab took quite a beating. His guardian angel was on site.

Just goes to show that no matter how much safe driving you have under your belt, all it takes is one split second, and it can be all over.

d
Shot one..jpg
View 3..jpg
View 2..jpg

barnyard

KTM rider
Just had a 20+ year guy in our area (not my center) run a stop sign at a railroad crossing. He got hit by the train, but walked away.....

ups79

You ever go to that race at Bristol. We were at the Bristol race several years ago when the front stretch seats were nothing but concrete.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Back years ago, I used to work the pit gate at Bristol.

That was the best seat in the house.

Things have changed over the years.

d

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Last couple of weeks has seen a lot of bad weather. But when I went down the interstate, and saw a trailor on its side, with no snow on the road, clear conditions etc, it made me wonder what happened.

Come to find out, a 35 year safe driver took his eyes off the road for just one second to retrieve something, and went to far over to the side of the road, where he hit the pile of snow pushed off by the plows. The resulting impact caused several broken bones, and some internal damage to the driver, who has recovered. The cab took quite a beating. His guardian angel was on site.

Just goes to show that no matter how much safe driving you have under your belt, all it takes is one split second, and it can be all over.

d
I don't think it's very safe driving with all of that stuff in on your dash. Ever hear of a garbage can?:wink2:

On your way to Harbor Freight?:wink2:
LOL!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Actually was going to the doctors office, and took along some reading materiel. Also doubles as toilet paper. You know how all these cutbacks are cutting services........

d