401k match

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
No. UPS pays Into a pension fund,on our behalf.

But with that being said, you should sign up for the 401k
An old timer talked me into starting up my 401k in 1995. He was a smart man, prob a very rich old man now. He knew what he was talking about. I remember being in something called a bright horizons fund. My wife has a masters degree in finance/ accounting. Needless to say I don't handle any finances in my household so I have no idea what it is doing these days. I gave up on having any say so on anything way over a decade ago.

An old timer talked me into starting up my 401k in 1995. He was a smart man, prob a very rich old man now. He knew what he was talking about. I remember being in something called a bright horizons fund. My wife has a masters degree in finance/ accounting. Needless to say I don't handle any finances in my household so I have no idea what it is doing these days. I gave up on having any say so on anything way over a decade ago.
I am glad thi topic was brought up.
We get a raise in a couple of weeks.
If your are not in the 401k plan,sign up now at 2%...you wont even notice it with the raise!

If you are already in the 401k plan bump it up a % or two.again you will not notice it on you take home pay!

After less than 3 full years, my 401 is over $25k. 10% contribution rate. My retirement should be pretty nice, as long as nothing changes for the worse

Sent using BrownCafe App
Just keep on adding! Dont get too agressive or too conservative.

in a few years from now,you will be way ahead of the game.

I always grab the newbies and try to get them to sign up

I also remind the oldtimers to add a lil bit more!

You can only count on so much pension and social security. you got to take on some of the responsibility, yourself!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I am glad thi topic was brought up.
We get a raise in a couple of weeks.
If your are not in the 401k plan,sign up now at 2%...you wont even notice it with the raise!

If you are already in the 401k plan bump it up a % or two.again you will not notice it on you take home pay!
Great minds think alike?
I have been doing just that for several years now.
I'll be upping it to 20% in August.

Their is also an option in you 401k, it says option week. Some of us get personal days ,others get option week.

If you have any unused days at the end of the year, you have an option to put all or some of thar extra time into your 401k

Something to think about!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Their is also an option in you 401k, it says option week. Some of us get personal days ,others get option week.

If you have any unused days at the end of the year, you have an option to put all or some of thar extra time into your 401k

Something to think about!
Now that is just crazy talk I treat my option days like gold. No way in hell I'm not using them! Lol. A lot of things in life are way more important than $$

oldngray

nowhere special

Any fund with a name like "horizon" invests heavily internationally. It can be a good return of investment but can also be risky. Personally I don't like investing in Europe and don't trust China so I try to avoid those kinds of funds.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
401K IS A LIABILITY TO THOSE WHO PARTICIPATE IS JUST PART OF MANAGING THE RISK AND PLANNING AHEAD FOR THE FUTURE ,ON PEAK SEASON I'LL BE UPPING IT TO 25% THEN AFTER THAT I WILL LOWER IT BACK TO NORMAL NO LESS THAN 15%.

upschuck

Any fund with a name like "horizon" invests heavily internationally. It can be a good return of investment but can also be risky. Personally I don't like investing in Europe and don't trust China so I try to avoid those kinds of funds.
Bright Horizons is a target date fund that get more conservative the closer you get to the date. Good for those who don't know much about financial planning.

It Is. basically a fund for investor dummies"...ot in a bad way...invest keep adding to it and forget about it.
Not full proof, but it is a big help,until you get educated!

QKRSTKR

Remember this to, the Roth 401 k goes in taxed but all money grows tax free. When it come time to take it out you will not pay any taxes on it. Regular will get taxed. Can be thousand upon thousands of dollars difference. Info from Dave Ramsey.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Remember this to, the Roth 401 k goes in taxed but all money grows tax free. When it come time to take it out you will not pay any taxes on it. Regular will get taxed. Can be thousand upon thousands of dollars difference. Info from Dave Ramsey.

You don't need to be a DR disciple to know this.

Look for changes in both in the next decade or so.

Resident know-it-all.