42.49 and ATSG

tarbar66

I know that I was happy to sell a bunch at $72-$73 a few years ago.

My financial guy called me yesterday to discuss the past year and the good news far out paced the bad news.

We also talked about my UPS holdings and the increased dividend next quarter. Those dividends sure make for some great weekends and mini-vacations.

Re-Raise

I keep being reminded of this thread every time someone talks about how high the stock price is.

The sky was falling for some of these people a hand full of years ago

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I keep being reminded of this thread every time someone talks about how high the stock price is.

The sky was falling for some of these people a hand full of years ago
We had management tell us that ups was very close to going under in 08'.....this came from a couple managers mouth.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Look at 08 finanicals cash on hand, no where close to going under in 08.
Exactly. I remember when we had our worst quarter in years our center manager crying that just 8 more quarters like that and ups would be losing money.

I'm like hold on 2 years worth of progressively worse quarters and then we wouldn't be making a profit anymore. Not bankrupt we would still have our cash reserves.

Yeah I was never worried.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Because management always tells the truth? They were just :censored2: off because they didn't get any raises that year but we did. They also didn't match their 401k that year.
During the pcm I remember a bunch of drivers snickering...everybody knew it was typical ups bs.... Disinformation trying to get everybody scared... Whatever

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Exactly. I remember when we had our worst quarter in years our center manager crying that just 8 more quarters like that and ups would be losing money.

I'm like hold on 2 years worth of progressively worse quarters and then we wouldn't be making a profit anymore. Not bankrupt we would still have our cash reserves.

Yeah I was never worried.
Surprised they just didn't do it to be able to tell the union that major givebacks would be needed then hide the profits in off shore accounts... Sounds about right .