43rd st problems

siredline09

I bet if you were in a air driver shoes, you would not be saying that because we all feel the same way in our building and other buildings in NYC so if you think we feel the same way its true.. SO STOP HATING
AMEN, they dont understand what the union and ups has been putting us through. it might not be the same for them wherever they are but its totally different with us!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Where did you get this bit of nonsense?

Next someone will be saying a Business Agent or Shop Steward can not solicit grievances!

Article 5 Section 1 of the Central Region Supplement:

"It shal be the responsibility of the employee to reduce the grievance to writing on the regular grievance form provided by the union and have it submitted to the company within five(5) working days."

JonFrum

Article 5 Section 1 of the Central Region Supplement:

"It shal be the responsibility of the employee to reduce the grievance to writing on the regular grievance form provided by the union and have it submitted to the company within five(5) working days."

I don't see the relevance of your quote.

The Central Suplement doesn't apply to 43rd St.

Where does your quote contradict either of the statements I made to Hoaxter?

Here's a slightly fuller version of the recently weakend Central States grievance language . . .

ARTICLE 5-GRIEVANCES
Section 1
A grievance is hereby jointly defined to be any controversy, complaint, misunderstanding, or dispute arising as to interpretation, application or observance of any of the provisions of this Agreement or any Supplement, Rider or Addendum hereto.

Grievance procedures may be invoked only by authorized Union or Employer representatives.

In the event of any grievance, complaint, or dispute on the part of any employee, it shall be handled in the following manner, and a decision reached at any stage shall be final and binding on both parties.

The grievance shall be discussed with the employee’s immediate supervisor or with the aggrieved employee and his/her shop steward. If the grievance is not resolved within one (1) working day;

It shall be the responsibility of the employee to reduce the grievance to writing on the regular grievance form provided by the union and have it submitted to the company within five (5) working days.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I don't see the relevance of your quote.

The Central Suplement doesn't apply to 43rd St.

Where does your quote contradict either of the statements I made to Hoaxter?

Here's a slightly fuller version of the recently weakend Central States grievance language . . .

ARTICLE 5-GRIEVANCES
Section 1
A grievance is hereby jointly defined to be any controversy, complaint, misunderstanding, or dispute arising as to interpretation, application or observance of any of the provisions of this Agreement or any Supplement, Rider or Addendum hereto.

Grievance procedures may be invoked only by authorized Union or Employer representatives.

In the event of any grievance, complaint, or dispute on the part of any employee, it shall be handled in the following manner, and a decision reached at any stage shall be final and binding on both parties.

The grievance shall be discussed with the employee’s immediate supervisor or with the aggrieved employee and his/her shop steward. If the grievance is not resolved within one (1) working day;

It shall be the responsibility of the employee to reduce the grievance to writing on the regular grievance form provided by the union and have it submitted to the company within five (5) working days.

Thanks,

I know the language and am very aware that it does not apply to NY or the 43rd st building or anything to do with local 804. I am simply stating it to show that language does exist to support Hoaxster's statement. It may not be the case in their area and Hoax may be using different area knowledge.

As to the weaker language it was changes to protect the Local Unions. They used to send an automatic letter of protest for every discipline letter the company issued, The new language makes it the grievants responsibility to do it themselves. Imagine the Liability involved if a protest letter was inadvertantly overlooked and an employee lost their job because of it. We have enough things to keep track of, grieving discipline should be the responsibility of the accused.

JonFrum

Thanks,

I know the language and am very aware that it does not apply to NY or the 43rd st building or anything to do with local 804. I am simply stating it to show that language does exist to support Hoaxster's statement. It may not be the case in their area and Hoax may be using different area knowledge.
Any employee may file a grievance on any Contract matter. The language you quote doesn't support Hoaxter; unless you read into it restrictions that aren't there.

As to the weaker language it was changes to protect the Local Unions. They used to send an automatic letter of protest for every discipline letter the company issued, The new language makes it the grievants responsibility to do it themselves. Imagine the Liability involved if a protest letter was inadvertantly overlooked and an employee lost their job because of it. We have enough things to keep track of, grieving discipline should be the responsibility of the accused.
Not the attitude I want to hear from an organization I pay $1,080 a year to.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I bet if you were in a air driver shoes, you would not be saying that because we all feel the same way in our building and other buildings in NYC so if you think we feel the same way its true.. SO STOP HATING

I was an air driver. No one helped me. I had to educate myself on the contract. I'm not hating, just trying to help. You have no clue how hard I have had it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
AMEN, they dont understand what the union and ups has been putting us through. it might not be the same for them wherever they are but its totally different with us!
As I said to the other one, you don't have a clue what I have been put through. Has anyone framed you for stealing a $23000 package? Does anyone in your building pitch packages into the woods instead of delivering them? And frame you for it? Walk a mile in my shoes, then bitch.

AcesUp804

The real reason the Part-Time Air Drivers are all laid off is thanks to Howie and the girls. Local 804 USE to have language in our Supplemental Agreement saying package drivers can take a 20 minute break before 10:30 but our old board gave it away now it says no break prior to 10:30 if the break will result in service failures of Next Day Airs. What a bunch of idiots..... like Anthony C is telling members in Foster " if we still had that language and they tried to lay-off air drivers , packages drivers would all take there break before 10:30 forcing the company not to have lay-off if they wanted to make service" So if your a layed off air driver make sure when you see TONY D , ANGELO G , JOHN N , BILL B , STEVE M , you tell them thanks , thanks for not protecting us , just like the CLERKS are all saying THANK YOU for having such S|T LANGUAGE about our lay-offs.

AND YOU THINK THEY SHOULD GO TO THIS CONVENTION? YOU THINK THEY WILL SUPPORT US ? YOU THINK THEY CARE? B.S.

ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THERE OLD SALARIES $167,000 DOLLARS , NOTHING MORE

VOTE B , VOTE 804 MEMBERS.

804Warrior

So our old board consisted of Tony D Angelo G John N Bill B and Steve M??? What about the other members of the board?? Dont cherry pick.! But then again thats all you know how to do. And stop posting vote row b. you make yourself look like even a bigger jackass doing that.

Had enough

So our old board consisted of Tony D Angelo G John N Bill B and Steve M??? What about the other members of the board?? Dont cherry pick.! But then again thats all you know how to do. And stop posting vote row b. you make yourself look like even a bigger jackass doing that.

Bill B and Steve M are not on the conventions ticket! You are so right the rest of the guys are a very experienced group of men!

804brown

Bill B and Steve M are not on the conventions ticket! You are so right the rest of the guys are a very experienced group of men!

"Experienced" men?? So all that socalled experience and they still say they are supporting Hoffa?? Seems they have alot to learn still!

siredline09

The real reason the Part-Time Air Drivers are all laid off is thanks to Howie and the girls. Local 804 USE to have language in our Supplemental Agreement saying package drivers can take a 20 minute break before 10:30 but our old board gave it away now it says no break prior to 10:30 if the break will result in service failures of Next Day Airs. What a bunch of idiots..... like Anthony C is telling members in Foster " if we still had that language and they tried to lay-off air drivers , packages drivers would all take there break before 10:30 forcing the company not to have lay-off if they wanted to make service" So if your a layed off air driver make sure when you see TONY D , ANGELO G , JOHN N , BILL B , STEVE M , you tell them thanks , thanks for not protecting us , just like the CLERKS are all saying THANK YOU for having such S|T LANGUAGE about our lay-offs. Are we getting our air driver position back? I have been laid off since DEC 24, 2010. I'm only working Saturdays.

AND YOU THINK THEY SHOULD GO TO THIS CONVENTION? YOU THINK THEY WILL SUPPORT US ? YOU THINK THEY CARE? B.S.

ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THERE OLD SALARIES $167,000 DOLLARS , NOTHING MORE

VOTE B , VOTE 804 MEMBERS.