44 y/o Female Going For Package Handler?

rect_Screen_Shot_2013-03-20_at_1.00.22_PM.png
Sorry. This is the only pic I have,of BB58.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wondering if there are any "older", female package handlers out there and what advice you might have?

As stated, I'm 44, in decent shape and interviewing for package handler on the sunrise shift. Am I crazy in thinking I can handle this? Is there any real advancement opportunities?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

TY!

First off, I apologize that your first time on this forum was derailed by the simpleminded trio.

Second, while there are not a lot of newly hired 44 y/o package handlers, this does not mean that you will be unable to handle the job. Keep in mind that this is an working environment that you may have a hard time getting used to. If profanity and sexual innuendo upset you you should look elsewhere.

Third, good luck.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
First off, I apologize that your first time on this forum was derailed by the simpleminded trio.

Second, while there are not a lot of newly hired 44 y/o package handlers, this does not mean that you will be unable to handle the job. Keep in mind that this is an working environment that you may have a hard time getting used to. If profanity and sexual innuendo upset you you should look elsewhere.

Third, good luck.
images-13.jpeg
Hi Upstate...I like ice cream too....lmao.

Third, good luck.
Shut your Ignorant pie hole. nobody gives a crap what you have to say.

Never ever apologize for me or anybody else....loser.

scrltrider

Third, good luck.

Thank you Upstate, I appreciate your response. I'm not unfamiliar with a warehouse environment. I worked in a print shop that was male dominated and I don't get upset by language/profanity, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting into on that respect.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thank you Upstate, I appreciate your response. I'm not unfamiliar with a warehouse environment. I worked in a print shop that was male dominated and I don't get upset by language/profanity, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting into on that respect.

You have no clue what you are getting yourself in to.

browntroll

Third, good luck.
i agree except for the the profanity and sexual innuendo part since most guys at the hub are gonna be nice to her and try to get at her.
this happens alot in my hub with new female employees, but as soon as they leave you hear and see all sorts of stuff u cant share at home.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Third, good luck.
I agree with IVE...don't ever apologize for me. PS...sorry you can't get laid.