46 year old starting out as package handler

LMFAO X 1,000,000,000 LOL.
200_s.gif

Easy day today home at 530. Had my yearly safety ride with supe who was my jumper :censored2: today lmfao. Homeboy just came back to our center from another center, I was like to myself, dude this rules my supe being my lil biatchee today= WORD MUTHAPHUQKA and yeah BLAZED AND HAZED LIKE WILLIE MAYS early today DADDY O lmfao.
I didn't drink enough to understand you. I will read your post again, in an hour.

MrWon

First thing first, there is no guarantee of that 7 year wait to become a driver. I wouldn't bank on it. UPS is bad about making promises to new hires that they can't keep. Not saying you wouldn't get to go just saying it could be less than that or way over that. Second, package isn't for everyone, I mean I couldn't do it and I was 21 when I went. It takes a certain breed of person to be able to handle something like that. Third, I don't want to be working in my 70's.
Lol it was 12 when I got in 10 years later I had 7 to go before I could cover.

wayfair

swollen member
OP, do you have a family?? If so, I'd advise you to stay part time(for benefits/insurance)

I wouldn't consider management, you would only get insurance for you.

Rainman

Its all good.
I'm in my 50s, been doing this since I was 18. I wouldn't seriously consider starting FT at my age. You will have the lowest seniority and will have the heaviest, crappiest route if you go into delivery. Depending on where you are, you maybe able to go to feeders. That would be much easier on your body. This is a young mans job. At your age now you could still handle it, but the years catch up to you quickly. If you're looking for the benefits, work PT and use the job as a supplement. I don't know your situation, and as hard as the job is it could still be a big improvement over what you are currently doing. Go for it, the worst thing that could happen is that you will change your mind and quit. It's a lot of BS to deal with. As long as you go into it with your eyes open you're ok. You'll read a lot of negative posts, but it's not all bad. But there is a good reason we are paid this good, and why not everyone can or wants to do what we do. It isn't for everyone. Good luck, I hope thing work out well for you.

ManInBrown

It's not a realistic plan. By the time you even get the chance to step foot in a package car, you will be too old to do the job. If you're looking for a life challenge, then give it a shot. If you are looking at this as a realistic goal, unfortunately you're wrong. BOL

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have to agree with the majority that this may not be the best plan for you.

I just turned 54 and for the past few months or so it has been a struggle just to get up and go to work. I used to look forward to going to work----not anymore.

ChrisTheBrown

Honestly, for me, (just before I turned 25) I felt that I kinda got a late start..May sound foolish to some, but we have a loader at my center that started last spring, at age 18..That's the realistic time in life to start working for this company, as it generally takes a solid decade to get anywhere. Ultimately, it's your life, & your decision...But nothing is guaranteed as far as when you go FT & the package driver job is NOT for everyone. Best of luck to you.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Honestly, for me, (just before I turned 25) I felt that I kinda got a late start..May sound foolish to some, but we have a loader at my center that started last spring, at age 18..That's the realistic time in life to start working for this company, as it generally takes a solid decade to get anywhere. Ultimately, it's your life, & your decision...But nothing is guaranteed as far as when you go FT & the package driver job is NOT for everyone. Best of luck to you.

Sent using BrownCafe App
This is the best you will ever feel(at this job) it will beat you down physically and mentally.

ChrisTheBrown

IMO the best Wrestlemania moments were when Hulk body slammed Andre and when Brock ended the streak.
There were several other favorites of mine..The HBK-Taker match @ WM 25 (the first match,) HBK "ending" Ric Flair's career in '08. Austin's last match against The Rock @ WM XIX in Seattle..Razor Ramon-HBK ladder match @ WM X, Steamboat-Savage @ WM III. I could go on...

I only liked this beginning segment of WM XXX so much, because growing up Steve Austin was my favorite. It was (arguably) the 3 biggest names/ draws in WWE history standing in the middle of the ring at Wrestlemania. Was a great moment. I'm curious to see what they do with Sting this year. I'm hearing he's gonna face HHH? I think Taker should just stop already, though.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ChrisTheBrown

IMO the best Wrestlemania moments were when Hulk body slammed Andre and when Brock ended the streak.
Stone Cold giving both Brock Lesnar & Bill Goldberg a stunner in the middle of the ring (at Wrestlemania XX in NYC) was pretty memorable, too. "Sheriff Austin" as I recall, driving the ATV down to & around the ring.

Sent using BrownCafe App